New Jersey Babies
Options

Looking for breast friendly, preemie knowledgable Pedi

I have a premature 11 week actual, four week adjusted litteboy.  I have been to two pediatricians in Freehold neither of which understand the special needs of preemies.  My son is a slow gainer, but he is gaining weight and neither seems to want me to breastfeed him.  He is getting plenty of milk.  I have been speaking to highly prominent doctors specializing in preemies and they feel that as long as he is gaining he is fine.  I even made an adjustment to his reflux medication and in one week he gained 6 ounces, where he was at 2 or 3 ounces over two weeks, but that still is not good enough for the doctors.  They think he should catch up to the weight of other babies his age, but everything indicates this could not happen for two years. I am looking for a personable, understanding pediatrician who will work with me and all the doctors already on this case, i.e. apnea, neuro, gastro etc.  Anyone have any suggestions? 
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking for breast friendly, preemie knowledgable Pedi

• Options

I've been on the hunt for a new pediatrician in the Freehold area and have come across Dr. Diana Mayer.  I have yet to visit with her so I can't speak at all from personal experience but her bio does state that she is also a certified lactation consultant.  Hope this helps.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"