Long Island Babies

New to Nassau and looking for OB

HI All,

I recently moved to Nassau county from out of state.  I'm 7-weeks preggers and am looking for a good OB (male or female) to continue on with after I am released from my RE.  I am clueless about the towns, local hospitals, and doctors, so I have no idea where to begin.  I guess the closest landmark to where I live is Hofstra. 

Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.  Also, can you let me know your experience with the different hospitals???  For instance:  overcrowded, dirty, unprofessional, etc...

Thanks all!

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

Re: New to Nassau and looking for OB

• I used Dr. Oh in Rockville Centre and gave birth at South Nassau. It is a really clean hospital and you get your own room. 
  • Hi - Welcome to Nassau.  I have had three children - one at North Shore Manhasset, one at LIJ in New Hyde Park and the last at Winthrop in Mineola.  North shore was fine, but crowded.  LIJ was an absolute pit - I would never have another baby there. The last baby (born this January) was at Winthrop.  This was by far the best experience that I had.  Really like the staff and the whole environment.  A friend of mine who is a doctor asked me if they paide the nurses extra at Winthrop because she had never seen such a cheerful nursing staff. I was really happy there.  My doctor was Dr. Jennifer Hanauer  - she was excellent.  I was very happy with her as a doctor.  I also really like her partner. Dr. Dolosi - really nice guy and was on call the most of the time I was in the hospital.  If you want to learn more about Wintrop you can look for a posting I made awhile ago titled "delivering at winthrop - any tips?"  You can see what some peopel said about Winthrop including my comments after I delivered.  Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • hello,

i highly reccomend the biordi group on willis avenue inbetween old country road and jericho tpke.  i used dr matthew trauggot, he and his staff are amazing.  i delivered twins and was so satisfied with the group.  they are affiliated with winthrop university hospital. 

good luck,

audra

• Thank you all!

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• I used to go to Dr. Pollack in Rockville Center, but I moved to Suffolk. He's associated with Mercy Medical Center.
  • Winthrop is a great hospital. If you want to go with them, they have an office affiliation: Winthrop womens wellness center. They're great with kids and are clean and informative. They're located at 1 Fulton Ave in Hempstead, NY (across from White Castle)... The overseeing dr (Dr. Fretwell) is female as are the majority of nurses and residents. They also like to be very thorough. I've had a lot of health issues come up in this pregnancy and they've been very adamant on staying on top of them and keeping a eye on them. She even had a home nurse come in for a while to make sure things were okay while I wasn't in the office. I have to say i love them... 
  • lizoklizok member

SadThis totally makes me want to choose Winthrop!Yes

Called Dr. Jennifer Hanauer and they are not taking any new patients.  Office was kind of curt with me. dissapointed.

• Welcome to Nassau! I will be delivering at Winthrop University Hospital. My doctor is Dr. Narula in garden city on Stewart ave. She is great and answers all my crazy questions. Lol. I can to avoid NUMC. I have family who have giving birth there and work that say it is horrible. Hope I could help.
    Lili :)image image BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • i do NOT recommend Long Island Women's Healthcare (Dr Levine, Leiberman, Nodelman, Valderrama) they have offices in New Hyde Park, Mineola & Syosset

if you would like specific info on why i am posting this please ask!  I just recently changed providers and can not stress the importance of NOT seeing this group of OBGYNs!

• i completely agree with julie and chris.

i had a HORRIBLE experience with them, and during a miscarriage to make matters worse.  i would definitely say stay away from this practice.  i have moved on from them, am now 3.5 months preggo and am SO very happy with my new group.

my obgyn is dr. davidson at  prohealth care, in new hyde park.  they are affiliated with north shore hospital in manhasset.  i feel really comfortable w this group and recommend them to anyone looking. 

• Jeanette & Steve!!!  I just saw this post.....i was in the same situation, horrible experience w/the practice and treated even worse when i was going thru my miscarraige...i am so happy to hear that you have moved on to a better practice and are now preggo, CONGRATS.....i have moved to a new practice too (Dr Miller) and he is awesome, i feel so comfortable after only 1 visit, hes a special dr...i hope to be preggo very soon.....happy and healthy 9 mons!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"