Potty Training

Refusing to Poop...clenching

My DD is pee pee trained, but WILL NOT poop in diaper OR potty.  She clenches and looks like she's pooping (in her pull-ups) but she's actually holding it in.  Our pedi said it's completely normal and gave us some home remedies to help her out.  Anyone else experience this, what did you do? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Refusing to Poop...clenching

• My DD did this in the begining too.  She doesn't watch a lot of TV or play on the computer, so I used that as motivation.  One morning she asked is she could watch one show and I told her she could, as soon as she pooped on the potty.  We went all day without TV.  The next morning she again asked to watch a show and I told her she could once she pooped in the potty.  Day 2, she went! 

A few days later, I noticed she was holding it again.  I did the same thing, but with computer time.  Worked like a charm!

She is now back to going every day and on the potty. 

GL!

DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Bribes - I like it!  She still won't go in the potty but will occassionally go in her diaper....and I encourage ANY pooping these days.  She has no problem going #1 in the potty, I would say she's 95% trained in that category.

Thanks for your feedback, I will certainly try this starting today! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DS holds his poop. Im not sure why, he hasn't had bad experiences except for some diarrhea when he was sick. I don't have any answers for you, I just wanted to let you know you're not alone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"