Trouble TTC
Options

Femara IUI-What size follies do you trigger at?

Just had my 12 day u/s today and the tech said I had 3 from 15-18. Is this mature enough to trigger tonight do you think. I am waiting for a phone call for instructions.

Thanks!

Re: Femara IUI-What size follies do you trigger at?

• Options
    I am curious to what others have to say, as I am in this same situation right now. How many mg of Femara were you on?
    After 18 months TTC, our 2nd IUI brought us our BFP! Stick baby stick! FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageadaisybug:
    I am curious to what others have to say, as I am in this same situation right now. How many mg of Femara were you on?

I'm not sure, I took 2 a day from Day 3-7. I think 2.5? I'll have to look on the bottle.

What were you taking? What were your follies sizes?

This is my 4th IUI. My follies were bigger before.

Ugh, this has got to work!

Good luck to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think you took 5 mg - that is what I hadas well. My follies yesterday (CD12) were 17, 16, 13, 12, and 11. She is letting them grow until Friday at the latest (which could potentiall put them all at 25, 24, 21, 20 and 19). I am about to call my nurse to talk to her about it.

What were your follies before? What is your diagnosis (MFI, female?)

After 18 months TTC, our 2nd IUI brought us our BFP! Stick baby stick! FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I had surgery in January and this is my first IUI since then. We have secondary infertility caused by my csection scar basically emiting fluid and washing embys away. :( But before my surgery I triggered with 3 mature follies (i think all 3 times, I always responded well) ranging from 18-24. I will have to look at my paperwork for you later tonight to check the sizes for sure.

Is this your first IUI?

I have also heard of some follies disapearing or getting smaller, so maybe those small ones will disappear? I am not sure what my number would be to cancel an IUI. I triggered with 3, I am not sure if I would trigger with more than that. I wonder if there's a chart out there with statistical info about number of follies resulting in multiples. It's my understanding that multiples are pretty rare with Femara, even when you have alot of follies. I have to start reading up more about this again though, it's been awhile.

Good luck to you!! I think you will be fine!

• Options
    I have no idea if this helps at all because I didn't do a trigger shot, but I took Femara and had one 17mm on CD12, a Tuesday. I timed mine with OPKs and had my IUI on Friday. You are close! Good luck!
    TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    2/9/11 lap & hysteroscopy- uterine polyp & scar tissue removed
    3/25/11 IUI#1= BFP m/c; D&C at 7w3d (Trisomy 16)
    IUIs #2, #3, #4 and #5= BFNs
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    FET 4/6/12= 2 extended blasts transferred, with one hatching
    Beta 1= 607; Beta 2= 1,564; Beta 3= 24,439; Beta 4= over 64,000
    First u/s on 5/10= TWINS! Heartbeats 158 and 160!
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
    Huge congrats to my beautiful BFPB lmj8284, due June 2012!
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -FDR
  • Options
    imageSunnyface5:

I had surgery in January and this is my first IUI since then. We have secondary infertility caused by my csection scar basically emiting fluid and washing embys away. :( But before my surgery I triggered with 3 mature follies (i think all 3 times, I always responded well) ranging from 18-24. I will have to look at my paperwork for you later tonight to check the sizes for sure.

Is this your first IUI?

I have also heard of some follies disapearing or getting smaller, so maybe those small ones will disappear? I am not sure what my number would be to cancel an IUI. I triggered with 3, I am not sure if I would trigger with more than that. I wonder if there's a chart out there with statistical info about number of follies resulting in multiples. It's my understanding that multiples are pretty rare with Femara, even when you have alot of follies. I have to start reading up more about this again though, it's been awhile.

Good luck to you!! I think you will be fine!

This is our 1st IUI, and really our first chance at a baby. So it is a bit nerveracking to say the least. I think I might ask for another u/s when I go in for the trigger, just to have peace of mind (even if it does cost another $200).

I am having a hard time finding reputable info online - most stuff is from message boards. Where are you finding your info on Femara (do you have links?)?

• Options
    I'm a little jealous. I only had one follie from 7.5mg femara. Is it common to have more than one follie on femara? I triggered at 20mm and had Iui the next day. Good luck ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageamandakRN:
    I'm a little jealous. I only had one follie from 7.5mg femara. Is it common to have more than one follie on femara? I triggered at 20mm and had Iui the next day. Good luck ladies!

Most of the info I have read, says that Femara produces 1 or 2 good size follies. I am not sure where my 5 came from, but I do not think all of them will be mature.

• Options
    I'm on cycle #1 at 5mg. I had two follies at my CD12 US: 16mm and 12mm. RE had us trigger the evening of CD13 and IUI was CD15.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageamandakRN:

Yes, at my previous IUIs my doc told me that they usually only see 1 or 2 mature follies on femara. He was surprised I responded so well (i think i had 3 in the 20s and a couple small ones). 

good luck!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"