Trouble TTC
Options

Fertility Blend - a big thumbs up

Dh took it, and while his SA results were normal, i figured the higher the better chances, so he took it for about 1.5 months, and his numbers were up by 15 million swimmers 

Re: Fertility Blend - a big thumbs up

• Options
    who makes it?  where can you buy it?  does it help with morph?
    image TTC#1 Cycle #10
  • Options

You can buy it several places (like GNC stores locally) but the cheapest place I have found is on the web at iHerb.com for $23 per month.  We have MFI and DH's count/ml the first s/a was 19 mil, after three months of Fertility Blend for Men it was 38 mil, and now after six months at todays IUI it was 47 mil/ml. 

So I highly recomend it.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oooh, but his morph fromfirst to secon s/a did go from 9 to 7.5% so I don't know that it really helps with that at all...but if the overall count is up even if morph goes down in percent....the total uneffected is higher KWIM?

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options

I defnitely think Fertility Blend is helpful, but if he's only been on it for 1.5 months, it is unlikely that it was the FB that improved his count since it takes 3 months for them to be "born" (stole that from Kati lol).  If it were motility that improved, I could buy that because it may have improved the quality of what was already created in a shorter time than 3 months, but the count... unlikely.  Still, whatever happened, it's great :) 

imageHopefulGJT:
    who makes it?  where can you buy it?  does it help with morph?

My recommendation would be pycnogenol to help improve morph, but morph is a difficult thing to improve. ETA: MH takes Fertility blend as well. And CoQ10 and L-Arginine... figured we'd cover all the bases :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the info.  DH has taken it before but is bad at doing it on a regular basis.  Maybe this will make me be more diligent on having him take it!
    Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MyeMye member

its 78 days to completely regenerate new sperm, but its being constantly made, right? and Dh took twice the dosage (as suggested on the bottle) during that time...I really cannot pinpoint his sperm count going up that much to anything else other than the fertility blend 

i bought it on amazon, free shipping

• Options

My DH is taking it also, he is on his second month, so I really hope it starts working.

But I have a question for you ladies with improved counts, does it give you unrealistic hope, like I am scared that my husbands numbers are going to go up and then I will think to myself, oh we can do this on our own. But I am probably naive to think that. Like going from 19 mil to the 40 something today, that is amazing, but I think I would be unrealistic about it, because I am sure we will still need help. Hope this made sense.

1st Iui+Clomid+Ovidrel 8-13-11 BFP
    Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    IT'S A GIRL..MADELYNN ELIZABETH
    Madelynn Elizabeth born 31w6d's due to pre e.
    Welcome to the world princess!
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
  • Options
    Oh yeah, yay for his counts going up :) That is great news.
    1st Iui+Clomid+Ovidrel 8-13-11 BFP
    Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    IT'S A GIRL..MADELYNN ELIZABETH
    Madelynn Elizabeth born 31w6d's due to pre e.
    Welcome to the world princess!
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
  • Options
    MyeMye member
    I think it gives you better odds, but if you need extra help, its best to get it, so that you can have your baby sooner, unfortunately fertility has an expiration date 
  • Options
    imageMye:

its 78 days to completely regenerate new sperm, but its being constantly made, right? and Dh took twice the dosage (as suggested on the bottle) during that time...

Yes, it takes approximately 78 days more or less for sperm to be produced.  Then it takes up to a week of transit time to get to the epididymis (sp?) where it can be deposited for up to 2 weeks before being ejaculated.  So that's why the estimate on time from day 1 until ejaculated is around 3 months, but it's just approximate.

The reason why I said it can effect quality not quality is because the count doesn't change, but the sperm already produced can be damaged by toxins in his body after produced- chemicals, free radicals, whatever.  Vitamins, especially antioxidants, can help lessen the damage, therefore it is possible that after 1.5 months, the motility or morphology/dna fragmentation may improve.

I know that's probably more information than you really wanted :)  But whatever the reason for the better counts, it is great news!

imagejbeck78:

But I have a question for you ladies with improved counts, does it give you unrealistic hope, like I am scared that my husbands numbers are going to go up and then I will think to myself, oh we can do this on our own.

I don't think it gives you unrealistic hope necessarily, but yes I actually had this thought recently... in our successful IUI, MH's numbers were almost normal for the first time since we started this journey.  Since we miscarried, I asked MH whether he thought we should try on our own when we were given the ok by our RE.  His opinion (and mine as well) is that we really want to get pregnant again as soon as possible and we don't want to wait anymore to see if this is going to happen on it's own.  We have waited long enough and been down that road.  But you have to see how you feel if it happens.  If that's how you feel, there is no harm in trying on your own to see if it works before continuing treatment.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"