1st Trimester
Options

Did anyone have early U/S before/close to 6 weeks?

If so, what did you see?

I saw some more bleeding including red blood yesterday so my doctor brought me in for an U/S this morning. All we saw was the black circle where the sac would be.

My last HCG number was 1878 on Wednesday and my 5 weeks and 6 days is an estimation based my LMP.

She said based on my HCG number, she wouldn't have expected to see more than that, but ruled out ectopic and drew more blood, and I am to go back in again next Friday for another U/S.

I was wondering if anyone else had an early U/S, if they saw any more than what we saw... BTW, we did the vaginal U/S today.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Did anyone have early U/S before/close to 6 weeks?

• Options
    At 5 weeks we only saw a gestational sac... went back two weeks later and saw baby and heartbeat! If your doc isn't concerned I'd try not to be as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had an early ultrasound at 5 weeks exactly and they were only able to see a gestational sac.  My hcg was at 2963.  Went back at 6w5d and they were able to see a baby and a heartbeat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we thought we were 8 1/2 weeks and went for an ultra sound and they found we were only 5 1/2 weeks, but only saw 2 black circles.  So we go back next friday also.  Good luck
  • Options
    At 5 weeks 3 days and 5 weeks 4 days we saw a gest. sac and yolk sac. At 6 weeks 1 day we saw the fetal pole and flickering heartbeat.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    My 6 week u/s is in my siggy. We were more at 6 week and a few days but we could make out the fetal pole, egg sack and yolk sack. The tech even said she saw the heart beat, although it was very hard for DH and I to make it out.
  • Options

At 5 weeks 4 days my HCG was 5,000. Forgot to put that in my first post as well.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    hugs to you. i was just thinking about you this morning. what you're going through sounds so scary, but i hope you can keep calm and trust that if you're doctor's not worried, you shouldn't be. i hope this all turns out well for you and MrHoz.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Options
    I had an U/S at what I estimated to be 5w 5d and she searched and the only thing we saw was a black dot which she said is most likely the sac. I went in yesterday for blood work to test my HCG levels and I'm dying for them to call me! The waiting is awful. But, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see much. My doc also said that based on how long my cycles are (usually 31-32 days) that I probably wasn't even at 5w 5d, prob more like 5w 1 or 2d.....so, hang in there! I wish mine had at least ruled out an ectopic, but I haven't heard yet. Oh, and also I had blood work done the day of the first U/S and they didn't test my levels. WTH?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options

this is from 5w2d.  we saw the sac and fetal pole--no HB yet, but it was just too soon.  (we saw it at our next u/s at around 7 weeks)

• Options
    We went at 5 weeks, 6 days and saw a teeny little blob, the sac and a tiny flickering heartbeat.  I was 6 weeks, 3 days according to LMP, 5 weeks, 6 days according to my calc per O and baby measured 5 weeks 5 days.  It was tiny, so hard to measure, and the heartbeat was really low, like 99bpm, so I'm going back next week, at 7 1/2 weeks, to hopefully make sure the heart sped up and see the measurement again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies for sharing your experiences and words of encouragement.

Hopefully things will turn out ok..

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

5 weeks, a blob

5 weeks 6 days a heart beat :)

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options

I had a vaginal U/S at 6 weeks exactly, which was last friday. Today I am 7 weeks. We saw the gestational sac, the yolk sac, and the hb, 110 bmp. My HCG was 16,179 and my Progesterone was 51.4 and we were told were all our results were perfect.

I'm scheduled for an 8 wk vaginal U/S next Saturday and by then the heartbeat/min should increase to 150 or 160 and the limp buds should be slightly visible.

I had a miscarriage a in Jan. and started to spot (pinkish) at just about 5 1/2 weeks. I went in to see my OB who no longer is my current OB due to horrible bedside manner. Anyway, at that time it was too early for a U/S so they checked my cervix and all was fine. I was told it didn not look like signs of a threatend miscarriage, but just some spoting and to follow-up when I was supposed to a wk later which was going to be 6 weeks/ist prenatal. That appt never happened I began miscarrying that friday night (bright red Large clots) (Sorry if this is TMI) I went to the ER at 6AM that Saturday AM and they did a vaginal U/S and saw the gestational sac, but no yolk sac. I was given a dx of a threatened miscarriage/"subchorionic Hematoma" and was given a 50-50 rating, but by Monday my true dx was miscarriage.

If you are only spotting I wouldn't be too concerned. I have a friend who spotted (reddish/brown)from the beginning and is now 19 weeks and doing fabulous. I haven't spotted at all during this pregnancy. Just remember every woman and pregnancy is different. If you feel something is wrong call your OB. If they won't see you go to the ER and I'm sure they will run some tests to put you at ease.

I did a ton of research and found that many woman given a dx of a threatened miscarriage can go on to have a successful pregnancy and the bleeding usually stops around wk 12.

Best of luck! Since I'm only a couple of weeks ahead of you and I've been through something similar before, ask any questions. I'd be happy to tell you anything I know. There are always tons of questions you have after leaving your OB's office. ;)

• Options

I had a vaginal ultrasound at right around five to 5.5 weeks after I was experiencing spotting (that lasted in total around 1.5 weeks and was mostly brown, but with some red). At that ultrasound we saw the gestational sac and yolk sac. I was freaked out because they dated me at the 5+ weeks when I had gone in thinking I was more like 6-6.5. I was freaked out, worried about a blighted ovum etc. but had a follow up U/S about a week later and saw all of the above plus embryo and a little flickering heart!

I think early ultrasounds can be awful. So much happens so quickly at that time, and yet it seems there's a really wide range with when and how each woman's pregnancy develops. 100 women might see all the reassuring signs they'd hope to, while others see next to nothing despite a healthy pregnancy. As much as its easier said than done, be positive, keep faith and hopefully your follow ups will go really well.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BFP #1: 02/25/11, natural m/c 04/22/11 @ 11w3d

• Options

I had one somewhere around 5w3d. All we saw was the "smudge" (black circle that is the sac).

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    HkayeHkaye member
    That is normal that is why most doctors dont want to see you till 8-9 weeks. Dont be worried like everyone else said if your doctor isnt worried then everything is fine. I am sure you will have peace of mind on your next U/S.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

At 6 weeks,on Ultrasound,  I saw a dark spot thought it was the bladder space, it was my baby, I was tearing up, the doc said you'll hear the heartbeat in a minute, I couldn't believe it, he already reassured me that black blob was the baby just by telling me I'll hear the heart beat soon

it's  fast heartbeat like woosh-woosh-woosh, it was so adorable!

it's now sticking on our refridgerator, I smile everytime I look at it

Icant believe an little life is beating inside me, no matter what happens, right now I am very happy and very blessed, we are

• Options
    Glad to see an update from you. I agree with the PPs saying that it sounds like your doctor isn't concerned yet, so try to stay positive! I had a transvaginal u/s earlier this week because of spotting. Based on my LMP, I was 6 weeks 3 days, but the tech said I was measuring as 6 weeks on the dot. We saw a sac, yolk, fetal pole and heartbeat. Before she started the u/s, the tech was very firm in warning us not to worry if we didn't see much more than the sac and yolk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I went in for my first u/s at 5w5d..... saw the fetal pole and ges sack but no hb. Am going in on Monday and will hopefully hear a hb! Good luck I am sure everything is fine but you will be in my t&p
  • Options
    With DD2 I had one at almost 6weeks (can't remember if it was 5w5d or 5w6d) and all we seen was a small sac measuring less than 5 weeks! I went back 10days later and baby caught up and was measuring a couple days ahead!  My OB told me that is why they do not like to do u/s before 8-9 wks.  Good Luck and T&P you get good news soon:)  Try not to worry!
    imageimage
  • Options

I'm glad you all posted this.

I went for my first dr visit and u/s today. According to the first day of my last period I figured I was 7 weeks. When the u/s came about I am only 5w 1d. We saw a sac and yolk sac but no heart beat.

I was actually concerned my baby wasn't growing. The dr. explained to me that since I got pregnant while I was birth control, it could have caused my ovulation to be pushed back 2 weeks and this is why my due dates didn't match up. He said my sac looked great, but I go back in 2 weeks for another u/s.

I have been so nervous about this pregnancy, feeling like something wasn't right.. So this will be a loooonngg 2 weeks. :( 

• Options

I had my first u/s today because of 2 weeks of spotting. They did two sets of labs (Monday/Wednesday). My hcg was at around 3100 the first day and only 3400 the second day. So, obviously not doubling as they should. Which is why they asked me to come in for u/s today.

I saw the gestational sac, but nothing else. Still said it's too early to determine what's going on. They asked me to schedule another u/s for next week and also drew blood today. I'm hoping all is well.

Just Breathe.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

I had an ER u/s at 6w to rule out ectopic (I'd had bleeding). 

All that was visible on the u/s was the sac and a fetal pole (looked like a black blob with a grain of rice in it).  Mine did not have a hb at that point.  As you can see by my siggy, it had a hb at my next u/s.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"