June 2011 Moms
Options

Opinion needed

I was wondering about putting in the comments on my registery that clothes arn't needed. I was given tons of clothes and family bought alot when they found out we were expecting a girl (first in 14 years). I don't want to be rude but I don't even have room for anymore clothes all the way up to 18 months. I don't have any on my registery and I only put items that I really need. I really don't want to be rude or seem unthankful.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Opinion needed

• Options

I would say something like, "thanks to our family's incredible generosity, we are all set for clothes!" IDK- that may not be the best wording, but I think you could phrase it positively like that.

I think adding a note is a good idea because people love to buy clothes, but I'm sure they want to get you something you'll actually need, too!

• Options
    Thanks this sounds great!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    this is a good question to ask!  my registry for dd did not have a single piece of clothing on it, and i feel like we were given so, so much clothing.  much of it i just returned and then used the store credit for things that i actually needed (e.g., carseat).
  • Options
    I think we're going to get a lot of clothes at my baby shower tomorrow because there haven't been a lot of things bought from the registry so far. I'm just hoping if I do get too many of certain sizes that they have tags still attached and/or gift receipts and maybe I can exchange them for store credit to buy things I need.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    If you've hung out on the baby showers board at all, this has been asked a lot of times.  The general consensus is it is tacky to request that certain things be bought or not be bought.  We received probably 95% of the clothes we need from newborn to 2T but I figure if I get clothes at the shower, I will just return them and buy what I really need. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBirdies08:

I would say something like, "thanks to our family's incredible generosity, we are all set for clothes!" IDK- that may not be the best wording, but I think you could phrase it positively like that.

I think adding a note is a good idea because people love to buy clothes, but I'm sure they want to get you something you'll actually need, too!

I agree with this and think it puts a nice spin on it, but my experience is that a lot of people who buy clothes, diapers, etc.  don't ever even look at your registry.  They already know what they want to give you and they do.  So the note may never be read by the clothing buyers.

• Options
    imagelola6711:
    imageBirdies08:

I agree with this and think it puts a nice spin on it, but my experience is that a lot of people who buy clothes, diapers, etc.  don't ever even look at your registry.  They already know what they want to give you and they do.  So the note may never be read by the clothing buyers.

That's a good point!

Also, re: being tacky, I think it's different to say "don't buy clothes" or to say "we are lucky enough to have a full wardrobe for baby," you know? 

• Options

I don't think it's tacky at all then why would you make a registery. TACKY seems to be the choice word for the babyshower baord.

Thanks Ladies for your advice!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"