Babies on the Brain
Options

Does your SO wear a ring?

Apparently Prince William will not. I fail to see how this is news.

DH does but forgets it sometimes. My dad never wore one a day in his life (worked carpentry, it was dangerous).

ETA: I guess I should say, "If you are married, does your SO..."

Re: Does your SO wear a ring?

• Options
    Yes he does.  As far as I know, he never takes it off, so he never forgets it.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options
    Most of the time. He takes it off for cooking and stuff sometimes and will forget to put it back on, but I'd say 90% of the time he wears it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes. I don't think he's taken it off since we got married.

I take that back. He took it off to put next to Jilly the night she was born. :( 

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup.  I am the one who typically forgets to put it on. Probably doesn't help I hate yellow gold. 
  • Options

My DH does wear a wedding ring.

• Options
    Ironically, he has worn his every day since our wedding day and I went almost 2 years without wearing one.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    Yes, he doesn't take it off. I take mine off in the evenings and sometimes forget to put it back on.
  • Options

DH wears his ring 99.9% of the time.  I usually take mine off when I get home but never leave the house without them (unless I forget to put them on, LOL).

My dad wore his wedding ring constantly, but dh's dad never wore a ring. DH said it's because his dad didn't like his hands and never wore a watch or rings because he didn't want to draw attention to his hands. 

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

Yup. He takes it off every time he scrubs and ties it to his pants, so half of the work week it's off. 

I wear mine all the time.

My parents didn't wear wedding rings - they were stolen (2 different events), and they never got new ones. It didn't seem to bother them, so it doesn't bother me a whole lot (if at some point DH wasn't wearing it)

If DH didn't want to wear it, I might be okay with it depending on the reason. Then again, I might not. It's an important symbol to us both.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    He does when he's home, but he left it here rather than take it to the sandbox, because he almost lost it several times during the last two deployments.  It's currently on top of the lamp on my nightstand. 
  • Options

DH wears a ring. But my dad doesn't, at least not regularly. He used to work for a chemical company and fell out of the habit of wearing one. He does wear one for special occasions.

ETA: I haven't been wearing mine for a while, b'c my fingers are a little swollen, but I'm wearing another ring that's bigger, and that's been working well now. 

• Options
    He does, but I don't all the time.
  • Options

Yes, we both always wear them.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes he wears a ring. 

I wear mine all the time, except when I go in the hot tub.  Oh, and it was off at the end of my pregnancy until 6 weeks pp, because my finger was too fvcking fat to wear it. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yes.  And because of the nature of his work, we got him a titanium ring so it will never bend if it's smashed.
  • Options
    Yes, he wears it unless he is showering or playing rugby.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I got DH a nice titanium ring and he gained weight, so it doesn't fit. 
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageExcitedtostart:

Yup. He takes it off every time he scrubs and ties it to his pants, so half of the work week it's off. 

I wear mine all the time.

My parents didn't wear wedding rings - they were stolen (2 different events), and they never got new ones. It didn't seem to bother them, so it doesn't bother me a whole lot (if at some point DH wasn't wearing it)

If DH didn't want to wear it, I might be okay with it depending on the reason. Then again, I might not. It's an important symbol to us both.  

Ive heard of a few rings getting flushed down the crapper this way.
  • Options
    We both wear it everyday, but we take it off to shower and sleep.
  • Options
    Yes, he wears his probably 95%+ of the time.  He only takes it off if we go swimming or if he is playing basketball/working out.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    DH wears his all the time unless he's sleeping or showering. 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH wears his if he leaves the house but when he comes home its the first thing that comes off. He says its uncomfortable. That probably has something to do with the fact that he took about 3 minutes to pick it out and got the cheapest one he could find.
  • Options
    He wears it pretty much all the time, unless he's shaving or something. His ring is tungsten so it's extremely durable & scratch resistant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"