Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Would it be wrong to punch my cat?

I can't close Jane's door all the way and he keeps going in there and meowing. If he wakes her up, I might punch him. Would that be wrong?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Would it be wrong to punch my cat?

• Options
    kcl22kcl22 member

Hissing scares the bejesus out of my dog.  Every night we all go upstairs as a little family (Me, J and the dog) to go to bed.  After J is asleep (I nurse to sleep) I quietly walk into his room and place him in his crib.

Last night dog decided he wanted to follow me into the nursery and shake his head violently which caused his tags to jingle and wake the baby.  I hissed at him and he ran downstairs.

So my answer would be no, it's not wrong to punch your cat if it saves you from dealing with a woken baby

• Options
    I totally would.
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekcl22:

Hissing scares the bejesus out of my dog.  Every night we all go upstairs as a little family (Me, J and the dog) to go to bed.  After J is asleep (I nurse to sleep) I quietly walk into his room and place him in his crib.

Last night dog decided he wanted to follow me into the nursery and shake his head violently which caused his tags to jingle and wake the baby.  I hissed at him and he ran downstairs.

So my answer would be no, it's not wrong to punch your cat if it saves you from dealing with a woken baby

My dog totally does this! Except he is like 50 million years old and coughs uncontrollably in nursery when I am putting LO down. I need to try the hissing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    my cat does this too. i spray her with water.
  • Options
    My dog does the same thing to DS.  Goes in there and scratches himself so his collar goes ching ching ching ching.  I get so pizzed!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageCGKyle:

I need to put a water bottle by her bedroom door.

Oh and he did wake her up and I did not punch him, though I did lock him in the basement.

• Options

When they run in there I leave the door open and shake their food bag. They come running.

But I'm down with kicking cats, it might be hard to punch him. Stick out tongue

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options

imageCGKyle:

great idea! we've done it to keep them out of our xmas tree and to keep them from scratching our furniture when they were little but i forgot about this trick! fi threw a random item at one of our cats the other night which woke the baby up anyway! one of our cats has a habit of coming upstairs and meowing everynight at around 3am and i want to ring their necks! i've tried to get ds used to sleeping with noise but sometimes he's such a light sleeper.

• Options
    I freakin hate when my dog does that. We have hard wood floors and he paces down the halls so you can hear every single step, loudly. Then he proceeds to go into DDs room, flap his stupid ears then walks out.. after he wakes her up.
    Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    J+MSJ+MS member

No one post on the pets board that you spray your pets with water.

They will eat you alive.

"Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Options
    just the titlle of this thread makes me laugh!
  • Options
    Threads like these make me extremely grateful that DS sleeps like a rock.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would punch anyone that woke my child.  The cat would not be exempt.
  • Options
    For those of you who have dogs who shake with the collars/tags... I learned quickly  when they are in the house to take the collars off!!

photo camannouncement2.jpg

Mom to Cameron, 3 years old

TTC: 1 year
    1/2013: Chemical m/c 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageSnoopyLuv:

When they run in there I leave the door open and shake their food bag. They come running.

But I'm down with kicking cats, it might be hard to punch him. Stick out tongue

All of this.

Although its happened frequently enough, I think she thinks its a reward for being naughty!

A + Life

Anniversary

Me:24 DH:27
    TTC #2 since August 2011

DX: Low AMH 1.79 Mildly elevated FSH 9.9

1 month of Letrozole, 3 IUI's with Letrozole, All BFN. 1 canceled IVF cycle, BFN.

May 2013 IVF w/ICSI #1.5: Start BCP 5/8 2 pills a day. Suppression Ultrasound 5/29. Begin Dexamethasone & Lupron Microdose 5/31. Started Gonal F and Menopur 6/2.

ER 6/12 13R,9M,8F.

5DT CANCELLED due to moderate OHSS

5DT UNcancelled due to embryos not being capable of cryopreservation

Transfered 2 "poor quality" embryo's on 6/17

No frozen embryos.

Beta #1 6/25 6. Chemical Pregnancy confirmed. Beta #2 6/28 -1
    Done trying

• Options

This might sound cruel but we have a little nerf gun that we try to shoot the cats with when they are being naughty. Notice I said try, we have only hit them once or twice. Everytime they hear the sound of it though they run, makes me happy inside.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"