May 2011 Moms
Options

I almost killed Bambi & his whole family (NBR)

I was driving to bring DH some dinner (he has to work tonight) and Bambi ran out in front of my car! Then on the way back home his mom and dad ran out in front of me too!

What nerve those deers have walking around their natural environment that we have taken for our own!

imageimage

Re: I almost killed Bambi & his whole family (NBR)

• Options
    that sucks!!!!! My DH was coming home from work and hit a 6pt buck doing 69mph in a little nissan pickup and totaled his truck. The part that sucks is the game warden was mean and wouldnt even let us take any of it home. Anyways be CAREFUL!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    those boogers can take a hit, too. Hope that you, LO and your car are safe!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you didn't hit them - and that they didn't run into you!  I had a friend that was hit by a deer.  She was stopped at a stop sign and this deer ran right into her car, broke the window with it front hooves and beat her up pretty bad.  It was messy! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageCallidryas:
    Glad you didn't hit them - and that they didn't run into you!  I had a friend that was hit by a deer.  She was stopped at a stop sign and this deer ran right into her car, broke the window with it front hooves and beat her up pretty bad.  It was messy! 

I heard that insurance counts it against you if you hit the deer, but doesn't count against you if the deer hits you. So maybe it was a blessing in disguise for your friend.

In the movie Battle LA there was a part where Marines were driving a tank toward their opponents and one Marine shouted: "What's that they say when you are going to hit a deer?" and the others responded, "Speed up!"  ...this was going through my mind when I saw Bambi, but the speed on base is only 35mph so I was able to just slow down and save my little car.

imageimage
  • Options
    DH and I had a deer run into us several years ago, it was actually very tramatic to me. Totaled our car but thankfully we were ok, poor deer wasn't though :( What made me the maddest was the deer was obviously not going to survive and was in terrible agony, you could just see it, but the cop wouldn't just put her out of her misery. He said he wasn't allowed to anymore but I found out later he just didn't want to do the paperwork.
    A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. ~Victor Hugo Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We hit a deer in the middle of nowhere New Mexico about a year and a half ago.  It totaled our car.  Luckily we were all okay and it really just totaled the front end of our car, but it was really scary.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"