May 2011 Moms

Sour Lollipops

My hospital recommends bringing sour lollipops/candy in the labor bag... something about the sourness helping with the extreme thirst during labor. Does anyone else plan on bringing sour stuff to the hospital? Where can I find sour lollipops? I checked a few supermarkets, and all I can seem to find are sour candies (like SweetTarts, if these are even considered sour enough).

Also, has anyone else heard that drinking coconut water during pregnancy can help with hydration? Someone told me about coconut water yesterday, and I just wanted to see if anyone else heard something similar about it. TIA

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sour Lollipops

• Jolly Rancher makes sour lollipops.  Honestly though, you can try it, but it just made me sick to suck on candy when I was in labor.

I know nothing about coconut water.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • try Warheads.

when I had sinus surgery my mouth got soooo dry and DH told me to suck on a lemon and it worked for a few minutes.  

• Loading the player...
  • Hmm i haven't heard about the sour lollipops or candy but i do no that coconut water is supposed to keep you better hydrated than just plain water.  I used to chug coconut water when i would go running in the summer and it did make a noticable difference IMO.  I also never thought about taking it to the hospital but now that you mention it, it seems like a great idea so thanks Big Smile

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"