October 2011 Moms

TMI Warning.... Brown Gooey Discharge?

Hi all...  I'm 13.5 weeks and today I've felt a bit more "wet" than normal.  The past few days I've had clear to milky discharge.  All normal.

Well today, 2 different times, I've found what looks like a brown "snot" mixed in with the regular discharge.  So for the most part, it's still normal except these 2 boogers.

They appear to be brown like "old blood" brown.  Is it possible I could have some old blood up there and since I'm kind of gooey, it gets stuck and turns to this gross thing?

I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about but it's freaky.

Re: TMI Warning.... Brown Gooey Discharge?

• I would try not to worry...I have always heard brown = old blood.  I'm sure it's nothing to be concerned about.  I would probably call my Dr in the morning just to give myself peace of mind though :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That happened to me twice early on (5 weeks and 6 weeks) and the doctor had me come in both times.  After an ultrasound, my doc did an internal exam (at six weeks I had my initial appt so they were doing that anyway) and she said it was old blood just flushing out.  She did ask me if I'd had intercourse recently (I hadn't- my husband went back to afghanistan a few weeks prior) bc apparently that's a frequent cause of spotting. 

It's most likely nothing to worry about but if you are stressed I would call your doctor for reassurance.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP # 1 2/5/11 DD born September 2011
    BFP #2 12/21/13 CP 12/29/13
    BFP# 3 1/11/15 EDD 9/15/15
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm definitely going to call in the AM though I'm not too worried.  It's only happened 2x so it's not sustained and it's a tiny bit, just gross.  I'm more concerned about the "ick factor" than anything.
  • I called the Dr and I have to stay off my feet today.  No work (bad timing but I'll take it). I have been having come mild cramping, nothing bad at all, but combined with the brown stuff from yesterday, always better to be safe than sorry. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"