Working Moms
Options

Any nurses or those in medicine?

I'm going to school for medical assistant. I need to get scrubs & a stethoscope. Any suggestions of online places to get them? 
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Any nurses or those in medicine?

• Options
    There are TONS of places. I typically order from Allheart or Amazon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok next question. What kind of stethoscope? I just saw that their are different kinds. Did not know this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends on how much you want to spend. I have always used Littman but I have used co-workers cheaper stethoscopes before when forgetting mine & they work great too. 
  • Options
    Thank you. They didn't give me any guidance with that part. I'll start off on the low end & work my way up. 
  • Options
    I like greenscrubs.com for scrub apparel (they have awesome scrub hats).  I *think* I bought my last stethoscope on amazon, I like the littman cardiac ones but you probably don't need to shell out that kind cash unless you need to be able to hear lungs and heart sounds very well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also like allheart.com. I would go into a local scrub shop and try on different cuts and brands and just note which ones you like. I probably have 5 or 6 sets from good ol walmart that I like just fine. They even have them in petite for short people like me.  As far as a stethescope I have a litman classic. They are about $65 but you could probably get by with something cheaper, usually as a m.a. you don't need to hear breath sounds.              Good luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

For the first few sets of scrubs I would definitely go to a store and try on a few different brands. Poorly fitting scrubs are a pain in the butt... uncomfortable and just not cute, and it varies so much person to person. Once you find a brand/size you like, you can order them online.

I have a littman cardiology III stethoscope (RN). It's probably a little "much" for me, and it was pretty $$. I would start with a less expensive one, you can upgrade it you find that it's not good enough.

eta: I know several people who have this one and like it:

https://www.amazon.com/Littmann-Lightweight-Stethoscope-Black-L2450/product-reviews/B001CCINO0/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've ordered through Lydia's as of late b/c I get a discount through my malpractice insurer.  I also recommend a Littman.  there is a lightweight one that around $60-70. I found one on sale for $40 once and scooped it up as a second stethoscope and works better than my original Littman.  look for reviews.  there are some cheaper ones that just suck.  try amazon and a variety of sites for reviews. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"