November 2011 Moms
Options

A question after my first appointment...

So, just came from my first doctor's appointment and it was just a basic run-through as expected: he confirmed the pregnancy (um, duh!)  and that my EDD is 11/11/11. No listening to the heartbeat, my first bloodwork isn't to be done until my 9th week, and my ultrasound is April 29th... And I though the 2ww was bad when TTC! Anyway, he did comment that my uterus feels larger than 8 weeks and I was too-slow-off-the-mark to ask 'Why?'. Does anyone have any advice or experience with what this might mean? I know my lil' blueberry's dates are exact. Thanks!

Re: A question after my first appointment...

• Options
    The only advice I can give you is that even when you know your dates are "exact" your lil' blueberry might have a mind of his/her own.  I too knew exactly when my LMP was, when I ovulated, and when we did the BD, but regardless of all that certainty, my baby is measuring a week smaller than expected.  Growing just fine and with a great heartbeat, just younger than we all thought.  Sooo, the human body isn't perfect and these things will forever have some mystery to them.  Good luck with your bloodwork and u/s! 
    m/c at 6 wks 2002
    Endometriosis, s/p lap 2009
    Behcet's disease, s/p partial vulvectomy 2010
    Started bromocriptine to lower prolactin level 2010
    Clear HSG 11/2010 :)
    DH morphology = 4, rest of SA looked good 01/2011
    02/2011 First Clomid 50mg cycle
    BFP 03/02/2011
    No heartbeat at 10w5d 04/18/2011; D&C 04/23/2011
    07/2011 Second Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
    08/2011 Third Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
    10/2011 First Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    11/2011 Second Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    12/2011 Third Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFFN
    01/2012 Fourth Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = ?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Multiples?  I'm not sure.  You can call the nurses and they may be able to tell you.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagembgreenwalt:
    Multiples?  I'm not sure.  You can call the nurses and they may be able to tell you.

oooh, hey, I think the multiples explanation works :)

• Options
    imagemarista99:

imagembgreenwalt:

oooh, hey, I think the multiples explanation works :)

Thanks for your feedback Ladies! Just did the 'google' thing and it suggested either extra amniotic fluid, uterine fibroids, baby's had a growth spurt or multiples. Considering there is zero family history with multiples or hyperovulation, I am guessing its one of the first three options. Anyway, guess I am waiting 'til April 29th to find out so I may as well not worry. Maybe LO just turned into a raspberry a day or two early LOL!

• Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member

don't google!

maybe you are just growing a quarterback?

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    imagejb2rn:

don't google!

maybe you are just growing a quarterback?

Haha, I know right?! I can hear a bunch of readers saying "Step away from the google!"

• Options

My doctor said this with my DS and even suggested I was further along (I wasn't. My DH is military and I KNOW when I conceived given the VERY narrow window of time I was with DH).

Turned out to be nothing. Just grow at different rates I guess.

• Options
    My doctor said this with DS and ordered me a dating ultrasound - the ultrasound actually pushed my due date out 5 days. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wonder about time from ovulation to implantation.  Supposedly it varies from 6-12 days or so.  That's a pretty big difference.  I don't know what causes this difference and if the embryo develops at the same rate regardless of this time difference, but I kind of think, if the docs could pinpoint the time of implantation, maybe growth from there is pretty consistent in the early weeks.  Being the nerd that I am, I calculated time from implantation (based on a temp dip) to DS's birth and it was 36w5d.  Doing the same for this pg, my due date would be 11/19.  Based on O it will be 11/22 and based on LMP 11/25.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"