Parenting after a Loss
Options

15 month visit vent

So this just adds to the long list of reasons I wish we didn't move from Rochester.

Today we go in for Emma's 15 month visit. They take her vitals, measurements, ask me all the questions, etc. The doctor comes in and is going through everything and pulls up the growth charts. Looks at them and looks down at me over her glasses.

She says, "Well she's in the 30% for her length, but her weight is really low."
I smile and say, "She's always been in very low %'s for both weight and length."
Doc - "Well I'm not worried about her length, but her weight shouldn't be that low."
Me - "She's ALWAYS been small. Look at her Med. Records."
Doc - gives me the side eye - "Is she a good eater, are you giving her enough to eat, as well as HEALHTY NUTRITIOUS (emphasizes this) snacks?"
Me - "She's a GREAT eater. Eats more than me sometimes. As far as snacktime goes, 99% of the time it's fruit, multigrain cheerios, or yogurt."
Doc - rolls her eyes at me - "Were you a small baby or something?"
Me - "Ya, I was 4#15 - premature, and was a small toddler as well."
Doc - "Well that doesn't really count then."

Ummm....are you fvcking kidding me! You have saw my child once, ONCE! Look at her records, she's always been a small child. Atleast she's ON the damn chart! Better than the 5% she was in! Ugh, I miss my doc at Mayo Sad

lkstor - if you read this, are these charts updated ever? Like the way they measure? I mean, I feel like I should be feeding her McDonald's everyday to get her on the charts where the stupid doc wants her to be! It's not gonna happen.

Thanks if you made it this far. I had to vent.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 15 month visit vent

• Options
    Ugg! Anything between 5% and 95% is concidered perfectly healthy and normal. It's more important that a kiddo stays on their own growth curve.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Loss #1 (missed miscarriage) 14 weeks Loss #2 (missed miscarriage) 10 weeks Loss #3 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #4 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #5 (chemical pregnancy)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :( I hate doctors sometimes. N has always been really low on the charts...even fell below at one point. Some kids are tiny. Deal with it docs. (no offense lkstor...we <3 you)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry.  The last thing a mom (or dad ) needs to deal with is a dr that wont listen or gives guilt trips.  DD is just small, healthy, but small!
  • Options
    Just look at her and you can see she's perfectly healthy, doc needs to f*ck off.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"