Parenting

Need decorating help-PIP

I am looking to buy a new area rug for my living/family room.  I really want to incorporate more browns and red or rust.  I am looking at these three choices so far.  One is a price that works for me, one is a little more expensive, and one is just way too expensive (but I still like it!).  I'd love opinions/feedback. Which do you like best (or none at all)?

#3 image

[Poll]
Ryan 5/2010, Kyle 1/2007, Eric 3/2005

Re: Need decorating help-PIP

• I like #3 the most, plus it would probably be the easiest to keep looking clean!
    DS1 10-06 and DS2 9-08 and baby #3 EDD 9-05-12
    imageimage
  • I like #2 the best. #3 is way too muted imho, I prefer bolder colors.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Loading the player...
  • I like #3 because while it has the colors you are looking for, I feel it is a bit more versatile and you can pull a variety of accent colors from it.  With the other two, I think you are more locked into that pallet.   
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • 1, 3 and 2, in that order.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • #3 looks the most comfy for a family room.
    Patty Matt 4/7/05 and Sean 12/14/06 image
  • #2, #3 then #1
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • I voted for #1, but agree with whomever said that #3 would be easier to coordinate with as far as pulling in other colors and patterns...#1 is pretty bold and would lock you in to a limited bright palette.  What color is your furniture?
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • We had two small #1's in our old house in front of a sliding door and in front of the kitchen sink (open concept...on dark hardwood). They held up great! They are now in our garage because they don't match our new decor and they STILL look great. With that said....I think I like #3 the best!

Molly - DS - 12.16.06 DD - 3.20.09 DD - 3.11.11
  • ZenyaZenya member
    I like #1 the best but only in a big room!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemollynpatrick:

We had two small #1's in our old house in front of a sliding door and in front of the kitchen sink (open concept...on dark hardwood). They held up great! They are now in our garage because they don't match our new decor and they STILL look great. With that said....I think I like #3 the best!

Did your rug shed a lot?  The reviews of that run on Target.com are all rave reviews except for some people who say it sheds horribly. 

Ryan 5/2010, Kyle 1/2007, Eric 3/2005
  • I LOVE the second one.  I like them all, but the 2nd one is the one I'd pick, no question.
  • I like one first and then #3.  Very pretty colors!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"