2nd Trimester
Options

15 weeks pregnant and drop in temperature

I may be worried about nothing, but with this being my first pregnancy, I'm tending to worry about just about everything. From the time I ovulated until about 3 or 4 days ago, I've been running about a 98.8-99.4 body temperature.  Since I hit about 15 weeks, my temperature has dropped to about 98.3.  Has anyone else experienced this and should I even be worried? 

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 15 weeks pregnant and drop in temperature

• Options
    I'm curious why you're still monitoring your temp? My temp (when it's taken, which is only when I'm sick or at the PCP) is rarely over 98.0, even when pregnant. I've never worried about it. I'd be more concerned about it being high.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Options
    Well, every now and then I'd check it out of curiousity to see if it was still up because I've read that during pregnancy your body temp goes up and stays up.  I've been checking it more in the past week because thanks to insane amounts of pollen (I've been able to see it floating through the air!) I ended up with a bad upper respiratory infection and have been making sure I didn't have a fever with it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have home care because of hyperemesis and a nurse is at my house two times a week.  She takes my temperature each time.  It is always lower than what it was after ovulation and my baby is fine :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    stop temping. my doc never monitors my temp and i'm sure that's because it's fine. my OB has never taken it and i have had no need to. i haven't felt feverish. worry (but only a little) if you have a fever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesami1784:
    Well, every now and then I'd check it out of curiousity to see if it was still up because I've read that during pregnancy your body temp goes up and stays up.  I've been checking it more in the past week because thanks to insane amounts of pollen (I've been able to see it floating through the air!) I ended up with a bad upper respiratory infection and have been making sure I didn't have a fever with it. 

Did you take antibiotics for the upper respiratory infection? It's possible that you've had another infection all along and never known it. I had a completely asymptomatic UTI when I was pregnant with DS, so I know it's possible. That's a rather high temperature to have for so long. 

I'm NOT trying to scare you by suggesting you've been sick for so long. Obviously you've made it this far and everything's fine, so just wouldn't worry unnecessarily. If something were wrong you'd know by more than a rather insignificant temp drop. :)

• Options
    Indeed, the doc prescribed amoxicillin for the URI.  I have an OB appointment on Tuesday, so I suppose until I'm told otherwise by the OB, I'll consider everything to be okay. I haven't started bleeding or anything and I'm still having ligament pains, so my uterus is obviously growing... so everything is probably progressing fine and I'm worried about nothing. Smile

• Options
    I stopped temping as soon as I found out I was pregnant with my first. With this pregnancy I didn't temp at all.
  • Options
    You shouldn't be worried and you shouldn't be temping. From what I've read and heard it's not an accurate indicator while pregnant.
  • Options
    Stop temping.  You are 15 weeks pregnant, it means nothing.
  • Options
    Step away from the thermometer.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    thank you for asking this question, I've had the same one. Now I know what I need to know!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"