Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

thinking back to swaddle blankets....

Did you or did you not use one for your LO?  Couldn't live with out it? would us it next time around?  Used it but wont use it again? Hated it?

I have to say...It helped with DD sleeping at night....but i hate the damn thing and will never use it again! (i say that now but i know 2x around that would be of course my last resort) DD was in the swaddle blanket until 7 months old. I kept streching and streching it.  But i do hate it and hope to never ever have to use those ever again. such a bad habit..I couldnt' go anywhere with out it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: thinking back to swaddle blankets....

• Options
    the miracle blanket was a godsend for us! would definitely go that route again in a heartbeat!
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will use it again but we broke the habit before 3 months so it wasn't to hard to break.  it really helped him sleep
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We loved the swaddle. Lucky for us DD basically broke the swaddle habit herself. For the first few weeks we used the hospital blanket, then she started kicking out of that so we switched to a halo sleepsack with a swaddle so her legs were free. She started escaping that so we switched to a Woombie. That worked for a couple months and then she started fighting that at about 5-6 months so we just went to regular sleep sacks. When she outgrew the sleepsacks we had at 10 months we just didn't get new ones.
  • Options
    yaleyale member

We always swaddled DS to help him sleep when he was little. When he started getting out of it on his own we moved him to a sleep sack. I would definitely use them again, I think it was soothing for him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    it worked wonder for us too! i'll try it again next time around and if it does the same as far as sleep goes i'll keep using it!
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    BEST invention EVER. DH and I both LOVED the swaddle blanket. I believe, whole heartedly, that it made all the difference in the world with DD sleeping. Also, STTN by 4 1/2 weeks old. We will definately use them again. It helped her sleep, we could unwrap her change her diaper, wrap her back up and feed her and have her back to sleep in no time. We used the ones with the velcro on them that came in different sizes.
  • Options
    The Halo Sleep Sack Swaddler was a life saver for us. She eventually kept busting out of it and we stopped using it, but for the first couple of months it was perfect for us.
  • Options
    DD HATED them. But I did put them back for the next one, just in case.
  • Options
    imagesuperaunt:
    the miracle blanket was a godsend for us! would definitely go that route again in a heartbeat!
    DITTO! Loved, loved, loved, the Miracle Blanket. Will definitely use it for the next one. I recommend it to all my friends who are about to be first-time moms.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It was a life saver for sleeping and I would definitely use it again. Babies need this comfort so I don't see it as a bad thing...DS was out of it once he could roll to his belly and it was a tough transition for a few days but no big deal.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"