Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

does your PT'd child do this?

run around in circles trying to avoid the inevitable bathroom trip. When I or DH tells him to go potty, he says no. About a minute later he yells, "I have to pee pee" and runs to the bathroom?  so annoying.

Re: does your PT'd child do this?

• Options
    No, but I don't tell her to go potty, because that would turn it into a power struggle.  Just keep reminding him to go potty when he needs to.  A simple, "please remember to tell mommy/daddy when you need to go potty," or, "if you need to go potty make sure you get to the bathroom in time," should be enough of a reminder to where he pays attention to when/if he needs to go to the bathroom.  I wouldn't even ask him if he needs to go potty, just remind him enough to make sure he's paying attention to his body's signals. 
  • Options
    Kids do not like being told what to do and this is a perfect example.  Potty training and deciding when to go is 100% up to the child and telling them to go is taking that away from them.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, all the time. He starts doing the pee pee dance (crossing his legs and bending his knees), I tell him to go, he says no, does the pee pee dance some more and usually the second or third time with me telling him to go he will run the bathroom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"