2nd Trimester
Options

Bruising?

I sort of remember this happening with my 1st - but I am wondering if this is normal during pregnancy? I know it can also be a sign of anemia?

I have gotten two pretty bad looking bruises on my legs - one I remember banging into something - the other I don't.  But when I'd bump my leg prior to pregnancy I didn't have these multi-colored bruises that last for a week +. Anyone else have this happening to them?

Re: Bruising?

• Options

Easy bruising can be a sign of anemia.  Does your prenatal have an iron supplement?

I'd say talk to your doctor.  Testing for anemia is pretty simple.  You don't want to over-load on iron, so I'd get tested first to see if that's the problem or if the problem is that you can't see your feet!  (I have gotten so clumsy!)

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Options
    It could also be a platelet issue.  I need to see a hematologist throughout my pregnancy b/c I have ITP.  Maybe you can request a CBC so they can check your RBCs and platelets?  My hematologist has me on the lookout for petechiae bruising around my ankles. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bruise easily during pregnancy because I have low iron.  My Dr has me to take an iron supplyment in addt to my vitamins. I still bruise easy but it goes away faster.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't know how old you are but it could also just be a sign of aging.  I remember when I was in my early 20s, any bruising I did happen to get went away very quickly. By my late 20s, that was NOT the case anymore lol.  One of the joys of getting older!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"