Cloth Diapering
Options

Diaper suggestion for tall toddler?

My family recently switched to cloth diapers, which we love, but I'm having a hard time finding something that fits my 2 year old.  He only wears diapers at nap time and bed time.  He is really tall and I would guess average weight (33 pounds and about 37 1/2 inches).  We have tried Softbums, which gave him bruises on his tush, Thirsties, and BumGenius.  The Thirsties seem too low and the BumGenius left red marks on his hips.  Maybe I put the BumGenius on too tight?  Does anyone with a tall toddler have suggestions of what we should try?  I'm guessing I need something with a higher rise?  Thanks for any help. 

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

Re: Diaper suggestion for tall toddler?

• Options

My 2 year old is 36lbs and about 39 inches tall.  The only thing I've found that has a high enough rise are fitted diapers.  Piddle Poddle makes a toddler size that has a 20" rise and Green Sprout Baby has a size L with a 20" rise.  Monkey Snuggles also makes an XL with a 20" rise.  For covers we use wool longies for nighttime.  The only PUL cover I've found that is large enough to fit over the toddler size fitteds is the BooRoi XL cover. 

At niight we use a fitted with 2 AFFF hemp inserts inside covered with wool longies.  This lasts us 13 hours and DS wakes up without marks of any kind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    For pockets, we have found that Kawaiis are big enough for my tall chunker.  In addition to the fitteds PP mentioned, B4 T&T and oversize are larger, as are Twinkie Tush and Sustainablebabyish XL.  Gen-Y also makes XL covers, and Stacinator So Simple has a toddler size.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wonderful!  Thank you both for your help!

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

• Options
    DS was almost 31 lbs and 35 inches at 18 months. I haven't weighed or measured him since then (he's now 22 months), but we use BG3.0 and BG4.0 with snaps and they work great on him with room to spare if he grows more. I would give them another try!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"