Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Every dinner is a failure

I was thinking last night about how I used to watch TV and see these moms on like Nanny 911 making 2 or 3 different meals for their kids and think what the heck is wrong with them.  When suddenly I realized that I've become that short order cook!  How did that happen?! 

DS used to be such a good eater.  Now every dinner is a failure.  Lunch sometimes too.  I think he's just at an age where his eating is falling off a little, but I think he's also getting pickier.  It doesn't matter what I try - tried and true foods or new foods - he's disappointed by all of it.  I find myself barely able to get through 10 minutes of dinner without getting up 3 times to find something else for him to eat.

Don't need any fixing here, just commenting how funny it is that you think you'll never do things and then poof, there you are doing what you thought you'd never do!  I had to laugh at myself.

Re: Every dinner is a failure

• Options
    I find myself in that same boat... sure am learning not to judge experiences I haven't gone through (same thoughts about Nanny 911! haha).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What does he like?  Whatever it is- just make that for him and do whatever your DH and you want for dinner.  He's still young and at this point it doesn't matter if he eats PB&J for every meal- it only matters that he's eating healthy.  For like 3 months my oldest lived on homemade buttermilk pancakes and green beans.  We always offered him what we were eating and if he didn't want it, I gave him what he did (I always had a batched of pancakes pre-made).  It was a phase, it lasted a short time and then he became a great eater.  I was glad I wasn't one of those moms that said this is what your eating or you starve.  Under the age of 2 and that's just mean!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have found myself making two or three different things, and putting them on the table so that I have them on hand to feed LO, so that way I don't have to get up.  For example, tonight:

DH and I had brats and mashed potatoes for dinner.

I made a grilled cheese sandwich for DD.

I also brought a small bowl of madarin oranges, a small bowl of black olives, and a bowl of goldfish crackers and crunchers so that i had other things to offer her if she refused her grilled cheese (granted tonight's offerings weren't very healthy, lol, but they were quick and on hand).

She ended up proving me wrong and eating most of the girlled cheese, all of the oranges, a handful of goldfish and crunchers, and didn't even touch the olives (which she normally loves).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"