Cloth Diapering

I have a few ?'s about interlock wool covers....

Since I know you ladies are lovers of all things wool, maybe you can help me out here.

LO#2 is due in 5 weeks and I would like to try wool covers for him. I have tried a few wool pieces (upcycled and crocheted) here and there for DD and never really got the love for it (maybe because I didn't really get the love for the fitteds that went under them?!?!).

Anywho, I have about 12 newborn fitteds for LO#2, so I thought I might retry wool with him, specifically interlock wool. What price point should I be looking to spend (so that I don't over pay when there are better deals out there?). I am thinking longies for the brand new newborn stage since it will still be cold here until about June. Interlock says it stretches, would newborn or xs longies be a waste of money? Then maybe shorties or a soaker for the summertime?

Just not sure if I should skip the newborn wool (since he could outgrow it quickly possibly) and go straight to size smalls?

Any shops you recommend (I do NOT need fancy embroidered, appliqued wool, just the basics!)

Do upcycled sweater longies/soakers work just as well as interlock (since it appears to be cheaper?)

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I have a few ?'s about interlock wool covers....

• I've bought almost all the wool for this baby on Spots Corner. I haven't bought one single new piece at all from a retailer.  I think it's saved me a lot of money to go this route. Some of the retailers I love for interlock are Royal Buns and Sustainable Babyish (sloomb.com). In case you don't see anything on Spots that you like.

I like the upcycled stuff, but interlock is really where my love lies. It's all about preference as I have friends that hate interlock and love the other stuff. I guess I'd try a nice mix and see what works best for you.

Oh, and I am in Michigan, and I have a few NB items as well as smalls.  I also have a mix of soakers, shorties and longies, since my DS wore longies a lot at night, even in the summer.

HTH. I'm kind of rambling...trying to take a break from my crazy day :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Forty41 on Etsy has a lot of inexpensive upcycled wool.  Its where I got about 3 of my NB soakers from.  I can't speak to how well they work yet, since LO isnt here, but she is great to work with, shipped fast, and was recommended to me by someone else on this board.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Forty41?ref=top_trail

• Loading the player...
  • I like both upcycled wool and interlock because they are a bit different. Both work well. I like the interlock soakers better than the upcycled under newborn gowns and sleepers. Sometimes the upcycled wool is worse for compression moisture, depending on how tightly the original garment was knitted.

I would try Spot's Corner like the PP mentioned and the store that was linked to above, Forty41, looks good and the prices seem really reasonable. I don't know much about pricing, because I make mine. If you sew at all, there are free patterns online for soakers, longies and shorties. You can get wool sweaters from a thrift store and I've gotten good deals for wool interlock online. 

image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"