Working Moms

when you are busy vs. not at work

Some days I'm busy - and the days fly by. Some days I am not (*hello bump*) and they crawl by, and I look at the clock and think "why am I here doing nothing, when I could be home cuddling LO???"

Anyone else?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: when you are busy vs. not at work

• There is always something to do here.  We are not allowed (by my decree) to use the words (and I almost hate to write them because bad things happen) slow, quiet, or boring.  If those words are used, it is like we stood on the roof and yelled "Come on crazy people, come talk to us and bring us problems that you have had for the past 2 weeks and finally decided you need to have them solved at 4:30 on Friday afternoon." 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YES! Some days I can't catch my breath - then there are days (like today) when it is super slow and all I do is miss my LO....Crying
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerwww.peekinsidethecloud.blogspot.com
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my day, most days.  I am a receptionist for an Architecture firm and it has been so SLOW!
  • Sorry I wish I could relate. Four out of 5 days I get no lunch break, and don't get to the bathroom till 2pm. But the last non nursing job I had could be like that. Time would crawl by. There is something to be said for being busy. (I wish my job was in the middle of crazy busy and time crawling by).
  • We just lost a coworker in Jan, and I am somehow taking on all of their responsibilities in addition to my usual FT workload, and I'm not really sure how many balls I need to be juggling in the air some days. I come here for brief mental breaks from the craziness, dreaming my work life was simpler. And still, parts of the week just craaaawwwwwl by Stick out tongue

• It's crazy because I actually changed jobs when I was 12 wks preg. My old job was super fast paced, long hours, and took work home with me all the time. Also travelled 95% of the time.

I would prefer to be busy at work... but now that I have LO, I don't mind being able to walk out the door at 3 instead of 5 if I have nothing going on. It's been interesting to see how my working life has changed, and I wonder how it will keep changing. just have to wait and see!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"