Multiples
Options

For those who have already delivered...

How many of you made it full term? 

Those that did, do you have any suggestions on how you did it? 

I hear eating a ton of protein is super important and putting on weight early is good.  Suggestion are appreciated.

THANKS!

Re: For those who have already delivered...

• Options

I made it my scheduled induction at 38 weeks.  I took it very easy during the last month of my pregnancy.  I worked from home and I was rarely alone with my 1 year old DD.  I stopped going to the grocery store, doing laundry, etc...  It made me winded and it just was not worth it. 

Eating lots of protein and weight gain is important, but I do not think that will necessarily make you carry to term.  It will help you have bigger babies though.  Good luck!

• Options
    I was induced at 38w, 3d because an ultrasound revealed that the babies were IUGR (they weren't). My OB wouldn't have induced me until after 39 weeks if it wasn't for that.

No tips or advice, honestly, I think I made it as far as I did b/c I was super healthy before getting KU.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't delivered yet but am getting close! I'm 35w 4d today and have my scheduled C sec for 38w 2d. So far so good as far as making it, i've had only a few BH contrax, and everything else is looking good for making it full term.

I didn't do anything special, i haven't been eating healthy like I know I should (ugh!) but babies and I are both healthy at this stage!

Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was induced at 38w1d and could have went longer. I worked up until 37w1d and worked out until 33w.  I didn't follow Dr Luke's book but I did follow the rule of eating when I was hungry and trying to eat as much proteins, fruits and veggies as possible.  I was on my feet a lot for work but tried to drink a ton of water and keep my feet up when I could. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delivered at 36w3 & 4 days and we didn't have any NICU time or major issues with the babies. I was on bedrest from 29 weeks on and on nifedipine to stop PTL. My advice is to really take it easy. Your growing two humans right now and that is hard on your body.
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered at 36w4d, and the babies didn't do any NICU time or anything. I was on bedrest from about 22w to 35w, due to shortened cervix. I think bedrest is what allowed me to get so far. That and many milkshakes...mmmm, milkshakes. ;)
  • Options
    I was induced at 38 weeks.   I think a big part of why I made it that long, besides luck, was the amount of rest I had.   We kept our older DD in daycare 2 days a week even when we made the decision that I'd be a permanent SAHM, and didn't take her out until after the babies were born.   On those 2 days, I took it easy as much as possible. 
  • Options

I was induced at 36w6d, delivered via emergency c-section at 37w exactly. Complication free up until the end (PIH/mild pre-e). I'm not sure if I can offer any helpful tips other than to take it easy. I worked a desk job, quit to stay home at 30 weeks. I was starting to get uncomfortable around then. As far as diet, I don't feel like I ate very much in addition to my normal pre-pg diet. All my life I've had a difficult time eating a whole lot. I drank tons of organic lowfat milk, ate a lot of yogurt and cheese and tried to get as much protein as possible. I drank at least one Ensure or Boost protein drink per day. I gained a total of 46lbs. My LOs were born at 6lb 2oz and 5lb 4oz.

ETA: I did not put on a lot of weight in the beginning due to nausea. I think I finally started gaining around 14 weeks and by 17 weeks I was up 8lbs.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I made it to 37w3d which is pretty close.  Do exactly what your doctors tell you to do.  If they tell you to rest, rest.  If they tell you to gain more or less weight, do it.  I followed my doctors orders to do a T and made it.  Other than that, your body is going to do what it's going to do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have no great advice. I made it to 37w6d and would have gone longer but my BP started climbing due to stress.

I ate whatever whenever and still did as much housework as I could handle. I guess you just listen to your body and rest when you feel you need it but be active when you feel like it to.

GL! 

PS: the eating whenever whatever thing, great until I realized I had a ton of weight to lose!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"