Stay at Home Moms
Options

XP from a lurker: Baby sitting a little girl and she is rolling her eyes back in her head

I really don't post much but I wanted to see if anyone has dealt with this before. I babysit a friend's 5 month old. Monday she started rolling her eyes back in her head.She does it simultaneously and no fluttering.She did end up the following day taking her to the urgent care and they schedule an appointment for neuro in two weeks. She does it several times a day. Do you think she is just curious about her new trick or something worse. Mainly I am worried because She is with me 5 hours a day. I have no experience with anything like this. Just wondering. Any input would be appreciated.Thanks!
Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: XP from a lurker: Baby sitting a little girl and she is rolling her eyes back in her head

• Options
    Does she do it a lot?  Does she seem coherent, as coherent as a 5mo old can be?  Does she do it while doing other things, like eating or batting at toys or just like it is something to do?  I used to volunteer at a children's hospital and a baby boy came in, with a 15 year old mother.  She said he was having "fits".  They put him in to monitor him, but no one ever saw anything.  They put me in there with them for a couple of hours to watch, and sure enough, he would roll his eyes back and kind of have a little seizure lasting about 10-15 seconds, then immediately return to whatever he was doing.  I saw him do it a few times in a matter of a couple of hours.  They took her seriously after that. 
  • Options
    I also want to ask if she is doing anything in particular when she rolls her eyes. I know you said she is only 5 months, but my mom said i used to do that when i was little and learning to walk and I'd bump my head. Is she maybe rolling around or crawling  or anything when she does this?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"