October 2011 Moms
Options

13+ weeks and haven't been to the doctor

We found out at 5 weeks - the day I left my old job for my new one. There was a lapse between my old job's insurance covering me and my new job's insurance kicking in. My first appointment is TOMORROW and I can not wait. I feel like I've had to be so patient. I've had lots of symptoms, constant m/s, boobs are huge, etc. and no family history of difficult pregnancies or miscarriages but as we all know on here sometimes things still go wrong so I just am hoping and praying to hear the heartbeat and see our LO on the sonogram tomorrow and that everything will be OK. Can't wait for tomorrow!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 13+ weeks and haven't been to the doctor

• Options
    Oh my goodness I would be dying if I hadn't been to the Dr yet and I had to wait until 10 weeks!  Good luck at your appointment tomorrow.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had to wait almost this long for my DD's first. The office kept rescheduling. I ended up calling them and yelling at them Embarrassed

Just make sure that if you want any screenings, etc, you get it addressed right away.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck and just so you or others know..most states have free prenatal care if you have no insurance. WIC is just for these kind of situations. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I am happy for you! I'm sorry to hear about the snafu with the insurance, but now you get your appointment. Enjoy it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! I'm sorry you've had to wait and wonder, but hopefully everything will go smoothly tomorrow and you can rest your mind. Good Luck and keep us posted!
    imageimage
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    ~ Winston Churchill
  • Options
    thanks everyone for your kind words! my husband did add me to his insurance to cover the lapse but by that time the earliest the ob office could see me was tomorrow anyway... hopefully ill have good news tomorrow! :)
  • Options

I know just how you feel! My first appointment isn't until Monday, so I will be 13 weeks and a day or two. I feel like I've been pregnant for ever, and I've only known for five weeks.  I didn't have insurance, and I just got married.  If we had done it before the first of March, my insurance would have kicked in on 3/1.  But we got married on 3/3, so I've had to wait until 4/1!  Boy I wish they would have told me that when I called them for information.

I'm not really that worried, but you never know.  I just can't wait!

• Options
    How exciting!!! My first appointment with my DD was at 13 weeks and like 3 days. It was so hard to wait patiently! Have fun tomorrow! :D
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    imageoverture:

I know just how you feel! My first appointment isn't until Monday, so I will be 13 weeks and a day or two. I feel like I've been pregnant for ever, and I've only known for five weeks.  I didn't have insurance, and I just got married.  If we had done it before the first of March, my insurance would have kicked in on 3/1.  But we got married on 3/3, so I've had to wait until 4/1!  Boy I wish they would have told me that when I called them for information.

I'm not really that worried, but you never know.  I just can't wait!

yay someone in the same boat! hopefully the weekend will go fast for you! i had a similar situation with dates where if id started my new job the week before my insurance would have kicked in 3/1...but i didnt so i had to wait till 4/1. hang in there, the wait is almost over! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"