February 2011 Moms
Options

Working moms poll

I'm curious.. how many of us are (or will soon be) working mommies?
[Poll]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Working moms poll

• Options
    DH and I are trying to figure out a way I can work part time instead of full time, but it just isn't happening. I'd rather not work at all Stick out tongue
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options
    I was debating FT or SS so I went with SS. I'm a teacher and I work very hard, but I'm lucky enough to be able to spend time with my family during every break since DH is a teacher too.  We'll only have to put DD in daycare 9 months a year and I found a fantastic daycare that will make us pay for only those 9 months!  For those of you who think teachers work PT, I once calculated that DH and I work a 35-40 hour workweek year-round, it's just that we're doing it in one lump sum.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will work 20 hours a week (2 days) at my hospital and pick up 1-3 days of PRN work at several nursing homes when I go back.  The PRN will be typically more on the weekends so that DH can watch DS and we don't have to pay as much for daycare.  The PRN days are not typically 8 hours, so it evens out to part time.  I plan to be home with DS for at least two days during the week and DH or DH and I will be home with him for two days on the weekend, so the majority of the time he will be with one of us, and only get nannied/daycared maximum 3 days a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I work FT, but by July I will ask for Fridays off. I would do it now but we have to build our finances back up to pay the million dollar hospital bill.
  • Options

I was torn on what to respond but I did respond SAHM because that is what I have been doing since the end of September.

This is the only time (other than after having a baby) that I have not worked at all since we got married almost 10 years ago. It makes me feel useless, like I am not contributing to my family.  I hate it. When I had dd, I had a waitressing job that was just on the weekends. I didn't have to work but I wanted to just to get out of the house and have my own money.

I will be doing that again. I am looking for something on the weekends because although I can stay home now, it doesn't pay for all day daycare for two kids and latchkey before and after school for one.

• Options

imageJJsMom211:
    I work FT, but by July I will ask for Fridays off. I would do it now but we have to build our finances back up to pay the million dollar hospital bill.

Please tell me you're joking!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imagesbuxsweetie:

imageJJsMom211:

Please tell me you're joking!

Of course! LOL!!!!

• Options
    SS I work part time, but DS comes with me, I drive a "school bus" really a van, for one emotionally disabled girl. Its perfect for now!
  • Options
    I work from home but have Togo to the property I manage a couple times a week for a few hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"