Baby Showers
Options

Shower Favors for guests...

Hi ladies!!  Congratulations on all you impending bundles!!!

A friend & I are throwing a baby shower for one of our friends and we are going back & forth on favors for the guests!   

I was thinking one of those cute little mini piggy banks, my friend said "why would people want a piggy bank"....her suggestion was having her husband make a cd for everyone with all songs that have "baby" in it....um, im not a fan of that, HAHA!!  

If y'all have any suggestions, websites etc. I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks!!

Re: Shower Favors for guests...

• Options
    Or...do we just forgo the "favor" altogether? 
  • Options
    I'd just do something simple like candy bars or something else that is edible.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your friend is right.  No one wants a piggy bank.  I wouldn't want a CD either.  Something edible, or forget favors altogether. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen caramel apples, assortmant of teas in a mug, chocolate bars, necklace/earring combo (didn't like & threw out :/), purse hooks, candles (not a big fan), etc.  I think going the 'edible' route is the best bet.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I recently threw a shower for my husband's cousin. Rather than having a favor for everyone, we played some games in which prizes were awarded. We also played to baby bottle games. I put candies in a baby bottle and guests were asked to guess how many were in the bottle. The winner could choose weather to take the whole prize home (candies IN the bottle), or they could just take the candy and leave the bottle for the guest of honor. Guests really loved this game. I don't think guests expect to leave with a favor. Food and drinks and games and prizes are expensive, as are decorations and cake. Guests know this- they don't want you to go too all-out. A better idea would be to put that money toward really beautiful birth announcements. I think they would really appreciate the photos of your baby, with maybe a personal, written message like: "Thank you again for the baby bath tub. Baby had his first bath in it last week. Your gift really blessed our family! You are a wonderful friend"
  • Options
    I totally agree that no one wants a piggy bank or a cd.  My original idea was to have whatever $ my parents would be spending donated to the March of Dimes or another good cause.  My mom said she would donate in babies name but wanted to have favors.  We came up with the idea of using the mini OPI Avojuice lotions with maybe some candy or an emery board or something that people can throw in their purses and actually use. 

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Either something edible or something like PP said - a mini lotion or a hand sanitizer or something.  No one wants a piggy bank or a CD.  When I get favors like that I usually either leave them there or throw them out as soon as I get home.  Such a waste.
  • Options

Edible favors are always a hit.  Others most likely will just get thrown away.  We did cake pops for mine and everyone loved them.  We had a baseball theme so the cake pops were made to look like baseballs.  What about cupcakes, candy, cutout cookies?  A few ideas that sticks out in my mind from showers I've been to:

Cookie monster cutout cookies

Chocolate covered pretzel rods drizzled in pastel colored icing and pastel colored sprinkles

Cupcakes with baby booties on top

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks ladies for all your input!!  My friend is still going to do that cd thing, she thinks it a "great" idea...HAHA, i wonder how many will be left at my house when people leave?!!!  

I'm thinking I will definitely am going to do the pretzle rod thing, and im going to get some purse size "prizes" at Bath & Body Works!!  

• Options
    We are doing a cookie bar.  Guests will also get a container to take cookies home with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    my favor is going to be chocolate covered pretzel rods decorated cute and chocolate suckers. We got little bags to put them in and tie up with cute ribbon and a little thank you on it. Very tasty and inexpesive.
  • Options
    I think both ideas are for things that will end up in the trash.  Something edible is usually a good way to go... chocolate covered pretzel rods, m and ms, cookies, tea, etc...
  • Options
    For the shower I am throwing for my sister we are giving the guests a homemade sugar scrub inside a vitage glass jar. I wanted to do something different and it's not costing us that much.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"