Natural Birth
Options

f/u acupuncture

Well, I went through with the acupuncture yesterday.... didn't hurt but was kind of a weird sensation. All day yesterday and last night I felt completely the same. Today I was feeling emotionally like it might be "the day" (anxious, fidgety, needed to go outside and walk, etc). I also had a couple hours of sporadic but intense pressure waves that eventually stopped and lead to nothing.  Sad

I have an appointment with my MW tomorrow morning so we'll see what she says. Maybe I'll go in for another round of acupuncture on Friday. We'll see...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: f/u acupuncture

• Options
    I've been considering making an appointment but was unsure I wanted to spend that much ... acupuncture did help with my morning sickness at the beginning though. I'm torn!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am super excited about this! I have been looking for others using acupuncture & have heard a few success stories.

I am planning to VBAC this summer & I have a "plan" in place. Your post reminded me that I was searching for someone to use for my "plan." I have a wonderful clinic in mind to use to stimulate labor now! Yay!! Keep us posted how it goes & how many treatments it takes. :)

High-risk L&D nurse...If in doubt, go to triage!

Trevor Calvin 12.10.07 7:26pm 7lbs2.5oz 19.75in

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Emerson Claire 07.07.11 11:34am 7lbs7oz 20.5 in

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope it works out for you -- maybe give it another try?
  • Options
    I have done it twice now, and am 10 days overdue. I wish it worked for me!
  • Options

imageandrea922:

Oh man, I'm sorry.  I feel like the universe sort of owes you a little luck in the labor department- 2 really overdue babies is so not fair.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagenycteach:

imageandrea922:

Oh man, I'm sorry.  I feel like the universe sort of owes you a little luck in the labor department- 2 really overdue babies is so not fair.

Thank you - I am blaming my dh for this, for no reason other than I am grumpy and feel like it :) Fortunately he takes it all in stride!

• Options
    Be patient with it. It could take several sessions.
  • Options

Well at my appointment today my MW checked and I was only about 50% effaced with no dilation. Baby was still high. So high, she couldn't reach well enough to even "stir things up" a bit for me. I asked her if she recommended I make another acu appointment for tomorrow and she said it wouldn't hurt anything, would get the flows of my body going in the right direction, and might help during labor. She also said she didn't think it would really work to induce labor because my body just doesn't seem ready enough, so save my money. DH and I decided to save the money ($75/session) and wait to see what will happen over the weekend.

I know I'm not that late but both my other LOs were born at 39w1d so I feel like I'm already a week and a half overdue. I just "knew" for sure that this baby was going to come a little early. I feel 12 months preggo and can barely move due to the back/hip/pelvic pain. I'm bummed MW didn't have better news for me today but I know this LO will come when she's good and ready. Just gotta be patient I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"