February 2011 Moms
Options

update to 2 mo well visit-shots-fever:(

Liam was doing well but around 6pm I noticed his eyes were glassy and he felt warm. Checked his temp rectally and it was 100.1. He seemed pretty uncomfortable and cried for little bit but is now resting after a dose of tylenol. Does anyone else have a LO that reacted this way after shots? I know it is common I just hoped we'd avoid a reaction today. My oldest never had an issue but my 2nd has before. Only minor reactions though.

Re: update to 2 mo well visit-shots-fever:(

• Options
    We have not done Xander's shots yet but my older two had similar reactions. Nothing that a little tylenol didn't help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    my LO ad this reaction. We saw the doctor in the early afternoon and at his 11pm feed that night he had spiked a fever of 100.4. Baby tylenol brought it right down and at 5am the following morning he was fine. A little scary for me, though, I admit I got up 3 or 4 times to check on him in the middle of the night. (Here the first round of shots is given at six weeks.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Isaac has his shots Thursday of next week and I am definitely not looking forward to it.

Of course, lucky DH gets to miss it all. Shots and aftermath included.

• Options
    imageallyca:

Isaac has his shots Thursday of next week and I am definitely not looking forward to it.

Of course, lucky DH gets to miss it all. Shots and aftermath included.

He really didn't do too bad. Hopefully your LO won't be phased. My LO ended up sleeping well and so far this morning he seems fine. GL!

• Options
    We go on Monday for her 2 month appointment.  At her one month she got one shot and did fine.  But I am nervous for next week as she's supposed to get two.  I hope there isn't any reaction.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"