February 2011 Moms

Time passing..is it me..?

It seems that so many people are sad that their LO is getting older as time passes.  I am too but much more than that I can't wait for LO to get older so I can have more of a life.  I want to sleep & do things I need/want to do.  I want to not be always having to put out/prevent crying fires.  Does this mean I'm depressed or I don't like being a mom?  Seriously, am I normal or does this sound like a problem?  Can anyone else relate?

Re: Time passing..is it me..?

• You sound exactly like my Dh. While I am wanting to hold on to every little moment, he keeps asking me when DS is going to be able to talk to us and play and go to the park, etc. He is ready for a toddler while I want to keep the sweet squishy cuddly baby forever!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFiredancer1013:
    You sound exactly like my Dh. While I am wanting to hold on to every little moment, he keeps asking me when DS is going to be able to talk to us and play and go to the park, etc. He is ready for a toddler while I want to keep the sweet squishy cuddly baby forever!

this is my dh... this is our third baby so you would think he knows how things go.

• Loading the player...
  • Although I love how cute and innocent DS is as a baby, I'm not loving the constant tummy troubles and his lack of sleep/comfort because of them. DH and I were just talking about how great it would be to fast forward at least a few months to when he might have grown out of some of the things that make him so uncomfortable. I don't think there's anything wrong with looking forward to the future.
  • 6 months makes such a difference, not to mention 12 months.  Don't feel bad, it is normal to want time for yourself, unfortunately it is so difficult to find that time with a newborn at home.  They are infants for such a short time, try to enjoy; and keep in mind that your life will keep adjusting as DC continues to grow.
  • I can totally relate, and I feel like a horrible Mum for even thinking it.  I think it's normal.  Especially when you think about how much life has changed.  I know personally there is nothing about everyday life that is remotely close to life before baby.  I wish he was a little older just so I could gain some of those "normal" things back.  Hang in there!!
  • I do look forward to more sleep and seeing Liam run around with his older brothers, but because I have a 5 year old (almost 6) and a 2 year old I feel like it passes too quickly. Sometimes I get really emotional because I feel like my life never went by as fast as it is going now! And since my second child's birth it really feels like each day flies. :(:( I will be sad when I no longer have a newborn to cuddle.

• You're feelings are totally normal. I am guessing you are a first time mom. I was the exact same way with my older two kids. I just couldn't wait until their next phase because it was all so new and exhausting. With this LO I am much different. I am savoring every waking, which is ALOT of waking time, moment. I do look forward again to being able to sleep longer than 2 hours at a time and just to be able to hop in the car and go somewhere, but I know in time that will come and these moments I will never get back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"