Illinois Babies

Need Suggestions for OB/GYN in Chicago Northside

Hello!  Just recently tested positive!  This is my first time expecting.  Now I need to find a new doc.  I feel my current doc overcharges. (Probably because their new office is super super fancy...well I don't need a fancy office, just a decent clean one with good docs!)

So, I am looking for suggestions from mothers or expectant mothers in Chicago.  Here are some of my guidlines: 

1.) Female doctor

2.) Doc must be willing to allow me to go through a 100% natural birth without any intervention (unless absolutely necessary)

3.) I don't know much about the hospitals yet and what they have to offer...I would probably prefer NW or Illinois Masonic because they would be closest to me.  I heard Illinois Masonic has a birthing center for women wanting to go through natural births...sounded like the birthing center was a lot more flexible in terms of ammenities offered for natural births. 

I'm considering using a midwife and am open to suggestions for that as well!

Re: Need Suggestions for OB/GYN in Chicago Northside

• Go with doctor  Dr. bonner . she is NW and her clinic( chicago women's health group/is NW)   its right next store to the hospital which i love and another thing is what i love most is that they do ultrasounds in same office befor you see the doctor...results same day. most ladies have to make two appointments one for ultrasound at a different location and one for results and to talk to doctor. Dr. bonner also is having me meet and talk to other doctors on her stuff  so i know them just in case she is on able to deliver my baby.

this office is great! all the doctors there are great! i have been going to this office for many years. they are friendly and very nice. you can not go wrong here even if you whose to go with a different doc from this clinic. parking is also validated! :)))

CHICAGO WOMEN'S HEALTH GROUP, 312-943-0282

GOOD LUCK!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • To continue what the previous poster said..

I also go to Chicago Women's Health Group though I see a different doctor. Just as a heads up, with this practice, you have your primary doctor (for illustration sake lets say Dr. Bonner) which you see for every visit up to 20 weeks. From there, your visits alternate between seeing your primary doctor with another doctor in the practice. This is done so that if you doctor is not available/not on call when you go into labor, the doctor who is available will know your case.

With that said, I am not going the natural route so I'm not sure how supportive the practice as a whole, or even each doctor individually (only because I never asked, I would assume this is something that you would want to ask if you were to call). However, I do agree with PP that the doctors that I have met with so far are great! It's super convenient that the ultrasounds are done right before you meet with your doc and I really have nothing but good things to say about CWHG!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for the suggestion!  I will definitely check out Dr. Bonner. 
  • My OB is Mia Norlin at The Women's Center.  It's downtown near Water Tower, so I'm not sure if that's too south for you, but it's very close to Prentice so I'm assuming it's OK.  Although Dr. Norlin was not with me the night I delivered DS, she was completely supportive of my decision to go natural, and I was able to achieve that (lots of laboring at home!). All the other docs in the practice are great too (they make you meet with each of them at least once, since any one of the 4 could be delivering your baby if it's on an evening/weekend).
  • I really like Dr Teresa Hubka. She is located at Halsted and Diversey and delivers at Swedish Covenant Hospital. She is very pro-natural birth, especially as an OB and has a Midwife in her office.
    BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"