Washington Babies

Fall Momma's

Ok, so first of all, we're not planning on finding out the sex of the baby, so I know this makes it more difficult. I would like to start getting some things for fall/winter that the baby can wear (long sleeve white onesies, neutral warm jammies) or that would be good to have (bunting bags for the carseat). I'd like to get things here and there, so I don't have to buy it all at once. I've got enough stuff for spring babies, but I'm sure warm weather clothing won't be too great for a newborn in 40 degree weather.

Are there any "must haves" you think I should definitely have on hand when baby arrives? I also know it's really early, but I like to plan ahead :-)

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Fall Momma's

• hats.  We had an October baby and didn't use a bunting: Just a warm blakent and a hat. 
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • I have November babies.  I had bunting bags, never used them. We used blankets and still do.  Our babies lived in fleece sleepers/outfits for the first 2 months. We didn't use ahats even though we had a ton.  I think we onlyt put hats on them when we went out,   A must have are long sleeve onsies.  We still use those.  

Don't plan on leaving the house all that often.  It is the height of flu season.  In some ways it sucks to have a fall baby because of their birthday parties.  But in hindsight DH and I were glad that we had a reason (poor weather) to keep them inside and safe from germs at home.  For the first 8 weeks they probably left the house about 5 times and most of that was for doctors appt.  

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Loading the player...
  • I just wanted to say I am so excited your having a "surprise"! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a December baby and we lived in fleece jammies and those fleece warm up suits from Carters. 

We never used the bunting bags either, just a blanket and hat in the car. 

• Hats, warm sleeps and one of those fuzzy car seat liner things. Isa is an Oct baby and we used that thing forever...it was so cozy looking!
  • My kids are October and december. We never used a car seat bunting. Just hats and blankets. And they lived in footed one piece Jammies. I almost never put them in other outfits because I liked having them all covered with out ankles hanging out or socks falling off. And we still went out when Cooper was born even as a preemie in the swine flu freakout of 2009. I just kept Cooper in a moby and carried tons of purell.
  • We used alot of the sleep and play sleepers in cotton for at home and fleece when we went out. I did not use a bunting bag in the car, but I did use a second hand one in the stroller a couple of times. We used blankets and the Moby to keep him covered while out. Hats are good, but I will never buy hats again until I see the baby. C's head was so big that he only fit in the baby hats for about two weeks. He also had fleece outfits and under the pants would be baby legs so that his legs were never exposed, we even used them again this last winter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageckmommy:
    We used alot of the sleep and play sleepers in cotton for at home and fleece when we went out. I did not use a bunting bag in the car, but I did use a second hand one in the stroller a couple of times. We used blankets and the Moby to keep him covered while out. Hats are good, but I will never buy hats again until I see the baby. C's head was so big that he only fit in the baby hats for about two weeks. He also had fleece outfits and under the pants would be baby legs so that his legs were never exposed, we even used them again this last winter.

ha!  My kids have big pumpkin heads too.  So many cute hats that came with outfits never ever fit their heads.  They needed stretchy knit hats. 

• imageSeattle_JiLLn:

imageckmommy:
    We used alot of the sleep and play sleepers in cotton for at home and fleece when we went out. I did not use a bunting bag in the car, but I did use a second hand one in the stroller a couple of times. We used blankets and the Moby to keep him covered while out. Hats are good, but I will never buy hats again until I see the baby. C's head was so big that he only fit in the baby hats for about two weeks. He also had fleece outfits and under the pants would be baby legs so that his legs were never exposed, we even used them again this last winter.

ha!  My kids have big pumpkin heads too.  So many cute hats that came with outfits never ever fit their heads.  They needed stretchy knit hats. 

Yep! I was so sad because we received so many cute hats as gifts and the only ones he wore when it was cold were the knitted ones. We had to buy toddler stretchy hats. Oh well, his head is sturdy from being so big.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"