Pregnant after a Loss

Jergens Natural Glow- Safe or not safe

I live in Pittsburgh PA and after our wonderfully cold winter I'm pretty pasty white. I usually use Jergens Natural glow, in order to obtain a slight hint of color. I've read mixed reviews regarding this product so I'm a bit hesitant. I'm going to consult my doctor at my next appointment but I wanted to ask you girls and get your thoughts and opinions. I've included a list of the ingredients in Jergens Natural glow, below :)

WATER, GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, DIHYDROXYACETONE, PETROLATUM, MINERAL OIL, DIMETHICONE, CETEARETH-20, ISOPROPYL ISOSTEARATE, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, TOCOPHEROL, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, GLYCERYL STEARATE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, ISOHEXADECANE, OCTYLDODECYL MYRISTATE, TROXERUTIN, POLYSORBATE 60, ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, STEARETH-2, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, BHT, FRAGRANCE, ERYTHRULOSE, CARAMEL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Jergens Natural Glow- Safe or not safe

• Hi!  I have no idea if this is something to stay away from or not, but I'm interested since I use the same thing (although usually the generic version).

But I also wanted to say hi - I'm in Pittsburgh too!  :)

• I used it during my pregnancy...but that was 4 years ago. So much has changed in the four years since I've been preggo. I'd check with your doc just to ease your mind. Hope they OK it!
    3 m/c in 06' Jackson born July 07' TTC again since Aug 10' M/c sept 10' jan 11' Mar 11'
  • Loading the player...
  • Personally, I don't use anything with parabens or phthalates in it.  This would a definite no for me.

You can check out this website for the ingredients you might want to avoid (chemical index).  Of course, I realize it might not bother everyone.

Or this one, if you want to look up by product.

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Good question I have been wondering this myself.  I live in MI and I'm sooo white right now :(  I miss the sun.  I'm going to ask at my next appointment.
    ?DD 9/17/10 22wks I carry you in my heart.?
    bfp#2 2/14/11? cerclage placed at 13 weeks
    ?DS 9/29/11 36 wks 3 days 8lb 20 1/4" ?
    bfp#3 12/15/12 CP 12/27/12
    bfp#4 2/25/13
    beta#1 51 beta#2 163 beta#3 1,370
  • imagetoddandjulie:

Personally, I don't use anything with parabens or phthalates in it.  This would a definite no for me.

You can check out this website for the ingredients you might want to avoid (chemical index).  Of course, I realize it might not bother everyone.

Or this one, if you want to look up by product.

This!! I try to stick with paraben free products!
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like you got good advice on the lotion - I just wanted to say hi to my fellow 'Burghers:)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Missed m/c at 17 weeks, partial molar pregnancy d&c 11/30/09
  • I never realized that there were a few of us Pittsburghers here!
  • Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it! 

And hello to all the Pittsburgh ladies!! Can you believe it snowed today? I hope we see the sun again soon! lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"