February 2011 Moms
Options

FF Mamas...would you change formula?

DD seems to constantly be getting constipated, and is so fussy because of it. I called the Dr. over the weekend because she was sooooo unhappy and in pain. Pedi said a teaspoon of karo syrup in DD's bottle, or an ounce of prune juice with some water. Both old school remedies. We went the prune juice route and it helped but it's happening all over again now, She's in Similac Sensitive. She started out on Enfamil infant, we put her on the SS because of gassiness. Would you change again?? DDs 2nd month appt is next week. Should I wait until then? 
Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: FF Mamas...would you change formula?

• Options
    How long ago did you change formulas?  When we changed it really took a good week before we noticed a difference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is about her 3rd week on similac sensitive. The constipation has been for the last week or so. 
    Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah I would think that the new formula would have fixed it if it was going to by now at least it did with my DS.

Sorry I can't be more help...

• Options

3 weeks would be enough time to see how your LO adjusts to the formula. If I were in your position I would change it. We went through 5 formulas before we found something that worked. I was not willing to trade one problem for another. Is there a reason why you put your on the Sensitive?

ETA: This was all under pediatric care when we were switching though so talk to your pedi if you have any concerns about switching.

• Options
    Like PP said we are on formula #5 for LO.  We changed from Similac Sensitive to Enfamil Gentlease 2 or 3 days ago and so far I feel like it is a better match for LO.  If it has been 3 weeks I would change it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would talk to the Pedi first. I did a slow traniston of changing DS to Gentlease. We mixed the formula for about a week. He does get constipated and gassy still. Our Pedi reccomended the karo syrup and it works. I don't have to use it every day but some days.
    My Blog PM me to read my blog BFP 12/22/09 natural m/c 2/20/10 12 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The Similac Sensitive is for babies that are fussy/gassy due to a lactose intolerance. They also make Sensetive for healthy babies. If your DD doesn't have an intolerance, you might consider using the one for healthy babies. We thOught our DS was having problems going to the bathroom and we started on the first SS that i mentioned. He was WAY more backed up after we switched and was VERY cranky, as well as a spitting up machine. Also, the main ingredient in that formula is sugar (or some derivative) which made us rethink using it, coupled with his fussy/crankiness. We switched him to Similac Advance (pre made) and he has been perfect and back to one dirty diaper a day.
    "Once I got a bath bomb that, once exploded, filled the tub with confetti. Little sharp metallic pieces of confetti. The product description said nothing about confetti. Oh look, there's a tiny, sharp metallic blue star stabbing me in the labia. HOW RELAXING. " - NoisyPenguin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"