Pregnant after 35
Options

result

ok so iv just been for my 13 weeks scan an a look at the neck for downs, so my blood test result is 1/270 for downs???? has any1 had these scores and did they ahve the amnio because of them?? i was told the baby looks frikin amazing.. the docs words lol, im 39.

Re: result

• Options
    That was our risk with Sarah and we did an amnio. For us, the risk of DS was too big to not know. Having a cleared amnio was a big relief for us, so I am glad we did it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I couldn't do the NT scan but the quad screen blood test came back as 1:16 for Downs. We chose the amnio and everything was fine. I'm also 39.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ok thanx ladies il be doin the amnio aswell i think, how many weeks do you get that done??
  • Options

I had the NT scan and chances were 20% that our son had Down Syndrome. Where I went, we did level 2 and 3 ultrasounds and an echocardiogram to see if baby had markers for Down Syndrome.  We chose not to do the amnio because we knew regardless of the out come we were going to keep him and there is a slight risk of miscarriage from the amnio.  With that being said, you need to do what you think is best for your family, everyone is different and there is no worng answer.  Our baby did turn out to have Down Syndrome even though the markers did not show up on the ultrasounds.  I guess I would say think about what the results could mean to you to know.  We love our little boy and could not be happier o have him in our life!

Good luck and I am sure all will be ok

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amnio is done between 15 and 20 weeks, we did it at 16 weeks with this baby and just got the results back that everything is fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"