Adoption

OMG!!! Judge terminated rights today!!!!

Term trial started last week.  Mom was a no-show, which placed her in detault.  Because of this - the defense attorney is no longer able to provide a defense for his client.  This basically cuts at least 4 weeks off of the timeline.

Well, the second part of the trial was today, she was still a no-show.  Her attorney requested to be released from his service since he has had no contact with her in months.

Judge heard the case (hours and hours worth) and then took a recess.  Came back and TERMINATED HER RIGHTS!!!

We thought it would take weeks, since I was given info about the standard timeline.  But, that timeline would include a defense and then a rebuttal.

When my caseworker called me today, I was NOT expecting that kind of news.  I was seriously speechless.

My C/W comes in about 2 weeks for a visit and we will start the adoption paperwork on that day.

The father is not terminated, as he still did not have an attorney.  But he was notified of her termination, and we are pretty postive that he will do an id surrender.  But, he either needs an attorney for that, or declare that he is representing himself.

A trial date was set for him for next month.

OMG - one day closer to calling him our SON.

It was a mixed emotional day for me.  Yes, we want to adopt him.  But, his mother lost her rights to him today.  As a mom, that has got to suck big time - although she does not know it yet.  I have met her, and I can almost picture her face when she finds out.  I think it would kill me.

Re: OMG!!! Judge terminated rights today!!!!

• That's fantastic!!

I know what you are saying about it being mixed emotions.  

But I'm so happy for great news for you today!
    Congrats. 

• Oh, MyColony, I'm so happy that you are closer to permanency with Little J.

I know the pain and mixed emotions of which you speak, though.  What stuck me is how much it hurts to know that M lost his mother more than that his mother lost M.  I'm sure you know what I mean.  I'm sorry for all the loss they are feeling, or will feel, but I am so happy you are all one step closer to never being separated.

• Loading the player...
  • CONGRATS! What a big big day!!!!  i remember when they terminated my sons moms rights!  Such  bittersweet day!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Sad, but also so amazing that he's closer to having a forever family.

Congrats! 

Left, Right
  • As much as it will hurt her, and that is sad, it is SO good for Lil'J and for you!

I am so happy for you and your family!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
  • This post is a long time coming! Congrats! 

I'm on the fence about having mixed emotions. Yes she has lost her son, but she knew that was a possible ending in the situation if she didn't get her act together. In the end, she didn't do what she needed to do, after been given TONS of opportunities and tons of time to get it all done. There's a reason LIl' J was put in your home and that's for you to raise him and for you to be his mommy! 

• Congrats on being one step closer.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I can understand the mixed feelings, but huge congrats to being one step closer. I still love hearing from you as I feel our situations are somewhat similar. Thanks for the update!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Yay for you and your family! I am so, so excited for you.

I can totally understand the mixed emotions. It's the quintessential loss involved in adoption.

• COMPLETELY understand the mixed emotions, but I am SO extremely happy for you nonetheless!  Big step closer!
    *TTC since February 08* 2 IUIs that didn't take, exploratory LAP and hysterscopy in September 2010 that revealed nothing, means we're adopting! Preliminary paper work to agency & started home study in 11/10 Profiles to agency on 1/12/11 - Officially waiting! First home study visit scheduled for 1/29/11 Matched (Eek!) on 1/24/11 *Sweet baby boy born on 1/26/11* Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so happy for you and your family! 
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Whats right can often be bittersweet.  But there is no doubt that this is what's right. 

Hugs and squeals! and horray!!

• imagecome*on*baby:

This post is a long time coming! Congrats! 

I'm on the fence about having mixed emotions. Yes she has lost her son, but she knew that was a possible ending in the situation if she didn't get her act together. In the end, she didn't do what she needed to do, after been given TONS of opportunities and tons of time to get it all done. There's a reason LIl' J was put in your home and that's for you to raise him and for you to be his mommy! 

This!  So sad for Bparents but  Yay! Yay! Yay! for Lil' J and your entire family.  I'm still praying for smooth sailing from now on!

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• That is wonderful! So very sad for the BM, but I am happy for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations.  You're right, it is a very bittersweet moment.
  • It's bittersweet , but congratulations , HUGS
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is wonderful for you! I am hoping to say the same thing some time this summer with my LO.

I know how it is mixed emotions about a mother losing her rights, we are dealing with our own TPR trial right now.

Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
  • Yeah for your family. I can't wait to see a family picture without the blob!
  • Wow.  Congrats!  Certainly a big day for your family!....

After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • I can understand the mixed emotions, but after following your story for a while now I am really happy for you and your family.  Can't wait to see his adorable face.  Wishing you smooth sailing for the remainder of the process.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"