Northern California Babies
Options

If you or your child is allergic to soy

Did you go as far as eliminating soy fed chicken/ beef from your diet? 
Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
The Blog | BirthbyKellyM

Re: If you or your child is allergic to soy

• Options
    CelynCelyn member
  • Options
    That is not necessary. The protein is processed by the animal's digestive system into amino acids and then incorporated into the animal's cells and proteins. There is not "soy" still sitting around in the animal's muscles that you are eating. you only get chicken or beef antigens. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageamyfelice:
    That is not necessary. The protein is processed by the animal's digestive system into amino acids and then incorporated into the animal's cells and proteins. There is not "soy" still sitting around in the animal's muscles that you are eating. you only get chicken or beef antigens. 

Amy you are awesome cuz you know so much but you also explain it so un normal folk can understand!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! 
  • Options
    Thank you! Some ahole o FB told me that it could effect winter through my breastmilk, and im sorry but I can't pay 8$ per pound for chicken that isn't fed soy. None of the soy allergy sites said anything about it either except  to avoid chicken/meat with fillers 
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options

imageCelyn:
    Poor Miss W :(  (and Ms K too!)

I am really trying to think positively about it. This ED is forcing me to clean up my diet, eat only whole foods, etc. So this is a good thing.  

The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options
    Well if you were drinking the blood of the animal I could see a slight chance of exposure to an antigen but in the muscle you should be totally fine! 
  • Options
    I totally drink chicken's blood.
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options
    Then there is a minuscule chance that some traces of soy protein may enter your digestive tract and an even more minuscule chance that those peptide chains will find their way into your breastmilk. And that would probably be the least of your problems if you were drinking chicken blood :) Enjoy 
  • Options

Best, Thread. Ever.

Excuse me, I have some rumors to start about Kelly now. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"