Postpartum Depression
Options

anyone go off anti-deps only to go back on?

I was feeling really good. With my dr's encouragement, I went off my prozac about three weeks ago. Everything seemed fine until I started potty training DS. I've had to stay inside for three days and I lost it today. I cried most of the afternoon. I haven't done that in years. I feel like I'm completely falling apart. I think I may have to go back on my Prozac?! Will I have to be on it for the rest of my life. This isn't just a bad day. It feels exactly like the old depression felt. I'm having anxiety as well. I'm just so upset.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: anyone go off anti-deps only to go back on?

• Options
    I was off my antidepressants for my first 2 trimesters, but my doctor put me back on them last week as I entered my 3rd.  I've been feeling depressed/anxious again and she's trying to help me avoid PPD.  I kinda feel the same way, though.  I thought maybe, just maybe I had gotten over this illness.  But nope.  :(  Seems like it's back.  It's really frustrating, but oh well.  :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I know that feeling. I felt that way on Sunday.  I had a bad day.  My DD is going to be 2 next month.  You would think I would have a handle on things and be able to control how I feel by now.  Well I guess I was wrong.  I have been on and off paxil a few times.  I probably got back on paxil about 3 or 4 times since I have had DD.  I feel much better that I'm back on them. I felt the same way the other day thinking will i always have to be on them???  I am hoping no. But for right now, I accepted the fact that I needed to go back on them.  And you know what....it's okay.  I will try again another time.  But for now, I will be back on them. Hugs to you.  It will get better!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went off of my meds last January.  I had been on them for almost 4 years by that time.  I didn't take them during my last pregnancy, but I did go back on them.  I think I went 3 months without them and went back on.  I've come to terms with the fact that I need them  at least for now.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"