Two Under 2
Options

Day Care Cost?

How much is daycare on average for 2 kids?  I'm thinking about maybe going back to work and I'm wondering if it would be worth it money-wise.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Day Care Cost?

• Options
    This varies greatly on the COL in your area, type of  care, and the ages of your children.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    I'm in the Sacramento, CA area.  I really just want some ballpark figures.  Hopefully something to help me justify continuing to stay home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Around here, it's probably around $2.5K per month for 2 kids.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options

I live in a fairly HCOL area, and for my 2 kids it would be approximately $500 a week to have them both in daycare.

You don't have to go back to full time work-you can work part time around DH's hours so you dont have to pay for care at all (or are only paying for a few hours between the time you leave/DH gets home). I work about 17 hours a week and really enjoy it-it's enough of a break for me, but I still feel like I'm spending the majority of my time with the kids.

With that being said, I think that if you feel burnt out and you would be a happier mom working full time, I would no matter how little you take home after paying for daycare. Your happiness is the most important to raising happy kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I live in a fairly LCOL area. For DD, it's $670 a month. For two, I was quoted a little less than $1000. I was shocked it was that inexpensive. I guess the sibling discount is pretty good.

Like pp's said - it will vary greatly depending on where you live.

• Options
    Thank you all for your input.  I would rather not have to go back to work, but it's a possibilty.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I live near Sac, and I would quote you $1,050 per month.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If we had to have both in FT daycare it would be $1600/month.  DH and I work opposite days, and I work nights.  DS is in DC one day per week so I can sleep and I keep the baby home with me.  We pay $150/month in DC costs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I pay $1700/month for 2
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Here it would be minimum $2k, more like $3k-$4k for 2 kids depending on whether you lived in the city or further out in the suburbs and whether you want a bigger chain (Bright Horizons, etc) or an in-home center.  It does get cheaper as they're older, but infant care in particular is really really expensive. 
  • Options

I think, not only will it vary depending on where you live...but even in the same area different centers will have very different rates.

We went with an in home day care provider. We pay $405 a week (for 5 days) for 2 kids. That includes breakfast, lunch and two snacks daily.

I had my DS1 in a center (before DS2 was born) and we were paying $225 a week for only 3 days. And we had to bring all his food. We couldnt afford two kids there, so I was either going to have to stay at home, or find another place. We were very lucky to find our place. I LOVE them and so do the boys. It has been a much better situation than the center my older one was at.

• Options
    We pay 315/wk for two. LCOL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i pay our nanny $1680 per month for 2 kids- and she works 3 10 hour days. mon & fri they go to my mother's & mil's for no cost.

• Options
    WHOA!  I would not be able to have children if I lived in other parts of the country.  I live about 45 minutes South of San Antonio, TX in a small town and I pay $400/month for one child and for two it would be less than $800.  And that includes Breakfast, Lunch & 2 Snacks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"