Pregnant after 35
Options

** PG > 35 Weekly Check-In + QOTW ~ March 29, 2011 **

Welcome to the Pregnant after 35 Weekly Check-In! I'll try to get the Check-In posted on Tuesdays (or late on Mondays), so I'll try that from now on, unless anyone has suggestions for a better day.

If you would like to be added to the check-in, just reply to this post with:

your screen name
first name (optional)
due date
sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?)

Please let me know if you have any updates and/or edits that need to be made. Also, if I missed any births please let me know so we can celebrate with you!

Congrats to the New March Mommy:

CharBart:  Mar 23 (EDD May 4) - Miles Gallo and Graham Donald

Any updates on other March EDD mommies???

Sending lots of *easy labor vibes* to our moms who are "almost there", especially pa_kris!! :)

Pregnant Moms by Due Date:

March 2011
Kayteagirl: 03/03/11
Robynjdm: 03/09/11
Junebugg2271 (Lisa): 03/14/11 - Boy
RyaSilly03 (Liz):  03/16/11
jannymcg:  03/16/11 - Twins (Girls)
HipMomma (Jenn):  03/21/11
elmelautumn (Mel): 03/22/11 - Boy
pa_kris: 03/22/11
Sshruff1: 03/25/2011
Lkingery (Laura):  03/28/11
Jens38 (Jen):  03/28/11
TheCricket:  03/28/2011
His Super Girl: 03/29/11

April 2011
ballmom (Amy):  04/01/11
HMWM (Heather):  04/02/11 ? Surprise
Chrishvny (Christine):  4/02/11
Seafan11: 04/06/11
comfortable:  04/10/11
Anniebpgh (Annie): 04/18/11
Oliverncherie (Cherie): 04/18/11
JilliansMoma: 04/25/11 - Surprise
prayingforone: 04/25/11 ? Twins (Boys)
99christine99 (Christine): 04/26/11

May 2011
Shelleyk34 (Shelley): 05/02/11
kristennd (Kristen): 05/08/11 - Surprise
suz4t (Suzanne): 05/09/11
MrsDL: 05/11/11 - Boy
miricard35: 05/14/11
funkymama: 05/16/11
MrsPerrin (Maria): 05/18/11
Vincent (Jennifer): 05/22/11 - Surprise
mcwhittaker (Michelle): 05/26/11 - Girl
kikijbunny (was kikijbird) (Kiki/Erica): 05/28/11 - Surprise
kimb311 (Kim): 05/28/11 - Girl
Mrs_M: 05/28/11 - Boy

June 2011
NovNYC2006 (Michelle): 06/01/11 - Surprise
rhiainhm (Rhiain): 06/01/11
calibride2005: 06/02/11
Smileygirl75 (Ada): 06/07/11 - Girl
Jaytee501: 06/10/11 - Boy
LeesMyBaby: 06/11/11
MelPelu: 06/12/11 - Girl
dianah36 (Diana): 06/13/11 - Girl
Simonaaaa (Simona): 06/17/11 - Surprise
dannie2011 (Danielle): 06/19/11 - Girl
Butterflygirl2271 (Renee): 06/20/11 - Boy
BrandySun (Brandy): 06/21/11 - Surprise
Pearly609: 06/28/11 - Boy

July 2011
honeylizb (Liz): 07/01/11
newbee36 (Sashka): 07/07/11 - Boy
LauraLynneC (LauraLynne): 07/08/11 - Boy
figsandolives (Tina): 07/12/11 - Surprise
shinergirl (Stephanie): 07/12/11
srhartline (Sandy): 07/13/11 - Boy
Woodwife (Claire): 07/15/11 - Girl
HisEarth (Senitra): 07/17/11 - Boy
ssull1974 (Shannon): 07/18/11
BarefootContessa: 07/19/11
njohnson1972 (Natasha): 07/25/11 - Surprise
Peppernut (Amy): 07/27/11 - Girl
johnsonjeril (Jeri): 07/31/11 - Twins - Girl/Boy
Married2MrPooh: 07/31/11

August 2011
hocus: 08/02/11 - Boy
Melanie1119 (Melanie): 08/04/11 - Surprise?
queenalexandra (Alex): 08/04/11
iItsmevkb (Kelly): 08/07/11
Jen&Louie (Jen): 08/08/11 - Surprise
tumble: 08/08/11 (scheduled c/s) - Girl
ElectoRed (Michelle): 08/15/11
stephb7i (Steph): 08/21/11
Alliapistor (Allison): 08/23/11
SoBlessed2011 (Deedee): 08/23/11
fabfive (Kim): 08/25/11
SunMoon&Stars (Diana): 08/27/11
Jennairess (Jen): 08/31/11

September 2011
MissyOlivePants (Stacy): 09/01/11
BlueEyedWitch09 (Tracey): 09/04/11
Tanyajill (Tanya): 09/05/11 - Surprise
rpm22 (Robin): 09/05/11
SFAug07 (Kathi): 09/05/11 - Girl
tinkerbelle (Vanesa): 09/12/11
ciarhwyfar (Kierin): 09/19/11
festivus: 09/19/11 - Twins - Surprise
AZ_legacy (Susan): 09/20/11
JenlovesDon (Jen): 09/21/11
alfontaine (April): 09/24/11 - Surprise
MRSDNA: 09/27/11

October 2011
tlc7068 (Tracy): 10/06/11
RaggedyAnne (Anne): 10/07/11
cfitz16 (Cheryl): 10/19/11
Haribo1: 10/20/11
Spedi (Sarah): 10/25/11

November 2011
mlm334: 11/07/11
McRib: 11/08/11
snowkiwi (Katie): 11/11/11
LucyRicardo3: 11/19/11

Gender Stats:   Team Blue: 15; Team Pink: 13; Team Green: 15; Unknown: 57

Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms, or any that have disappeared?

Question of the Week (QOTW):
(Inspired by hocus) Will your baby/babies have Godparents?  Have you decided who would be guardian(s) of your children if you and DH couldn't be there?  -OR- Who do you think will help the most with child rearing (in addition to/despite DH or DP)?  Who don't you want to help?

**If you have ideas for future QOTW, let me know (either post question ideas with your update, PM me, or email me at kikijbird at gmail dot com)!**

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
Photobucket
A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Re: ** PG > 35 Weekly Check-In + QOTW ~ March 29, 2011 **

• Options

Updates:  Just getting bigger - still nauseous/throwing up - otherwise nothing major!  Enjoying this stage...

QTOW:  We haven't talked about Godparents at all - or guardians.  I know that his family and my family are OUT OF THE QUESTION, they're all crazy. 

My mom will be helpful - when she's around.  They just bought a second home in AZ so she'll be splitting time between WA and AZ.  My MIL is crazy - she's not allowed to help.  My teens are awesome and I suspect they'll be more help than I want! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would like to be added to the check in:

your screen name - abrandt31
    first name (optional) - Andrea
    due date - 9/23/11
    sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?) - Surprise

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Updates: Feeling good most days.  I'm finally outgrowing my regular clothes, however, I wish someone had told me that plus sized maternity are so hard to find in stores, I had to order some things from OldNavy.com.  Let's hope they arrive before I'm showing up to work in my undies!  Now, I just need to find a few good maternity/nursing bras, my boobs are screaming! 

We haven't talked Godparents yet, but we will have them.  In my family, we usually choose relatives (siblings) for this role, however, it's mostly an 'honored' role, not an 'actual' role.  Although, I know if anything ever happened to DH & I our children will be cared for by family.

I know my MiL & FiL will be very active in this child's life (this baby will be their 1st (& only) grandchild .. DH is an only child)

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

UPDATE: Feeling pretty decent for someone who sits around all day.  I get sore by the evening from sitting in the recliner, and same thing happens if I stay in bed too long, but it's tolerable.  Still cramp up when I'm walking around, so I try to do that as little as possible. 

I finally got my blog up to date with all the details of the last couple of weeks, including this past week (yay -- and whoa, lots to tell), but the short of it is 1) that my cardiologist has put me on a beta blocker to help my heart function better, it's weakening a bit and he's afraid if left untreated the stress might cause long term damage; and 2) I went to L&D again on Friday because I'm now dilated about 2 cm and they were worried I was having more contractions.  Turns out it's just Gertrude the Irritable Ute grumbling about this and that.  Hoping I get a stable report tomorrow so that I can go to the shower they're throwing for me and two other pregnant women at work!

QOTW: Since we will probably be christening our child (my mom asked me the other day where we would do the christening, not if, lol), I guess we have to start thinking about godparents too.  I have an idea for my first choice, the cousin who is throwing my baby shower.  She's like a big sister to me, and I think she'd be thrilled if we asked her. 

As for guardians, not such a happy topic, but DH and I have briefly discussed it.  I was thinking my mom, but he was wondering if it should be someone of our generation.  I have a feeling my mom would want a say in the matter either way (which I wouldn't mind; I feel like she would raise the baby like I'd like him or her to be raised - I like her as a mom!).  

Child rearing: it's going to be mostly me and DH (and day care), as our extended families are not very local.  I know that the grandparents and my cousin (potential godparent) will be available if we really need them, but they can't be there on a daily basis. 

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

BFP chart

Anniversary

imageimageimage
  • Options

Updates: Spent most of Saturday in bed (again). Sunday I was up for a bit, we went to Longhorn to get some yummy lunch. As we were leaving I had a really really strong contraction which promptly caused hubby to drive me home and stick me back in bed. Within 45 minutes I thew up all of my yummy ribs Sad.

Went to the OB yesterday and told them about the event and they put me on the NST machine because I noticed she hadn't been as active since the event. She kept us waiting for 20 minutes or so before she decided she'd wake up and start moving about.

Prognosis: take it easy, stay off my feet yadda yadda.

What's a girl gotta do to get a good meal out without cause for panic?!!

This last 8 weeks will not go by fast enough.

BeerQOTW:Beer The whole religious thing is becoming prickly. My husband is agnostic, I'm pagan, and my mother is one of those people that says she's Catholic but never goes to church, and doesn't actually seem to know the difference between being Catholic and Italian.  She assumed we were having a christening because I'm Italian??? We are not doing god parents, though.

The guardian discussion has been a nightmare. My mother is already 63 years old and I really do not want her raising my child. I thought of asking my cousin and her husband who are about 5 years younger, have a 7 year old that's very well educated, well behaved and and quite bright. She's a teacher for special needs kids.

My husband doesn't seem to understand that guardianship is a serious thing. His "friend" who lives in virginia (and which I have NEVER gotten along with) told him he was guardian to her two girls and he wants to reciprocate by making her guardian of our daughter. Never mind the obvious.. that our daughter will never even meet this woman, more or less have to be plucked away and moved to Virginia?!! if something were to happen, but I wouldn't let her baby sit my daughter more or less raise her!!! He says he doesn't want to appoint my cousin guardian because even after all these years, he doesn't know her that well??

My husband is rarely a moron, but he's being a moron about this. So, what will likely happen is I get stuck appointing my mother as guardian. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

Updates: My sciatic pain is more pronounced so I finally had my first prenatal massage yesterday.  Not quite the same as a regular massage but the therapist didn?t hesitate to use full force on my sciatica (which feels so much better).

I thought the support stockings were helping with pitting edema but my boss who is a nurse in the healthcare unit I work in said they look very swollen.  I have a 2 week appointment with the doctor tomorrow so I?ll bring this up.  

DH knows that I would to christen our child even though he is not very religious, so it will probably have to be in a non-denominational church.  As for the godparents, we haven?t talked about who we would specifically pick but I would like them to stand in during the ceremony.  

As for the child rearing, I expect to receive a lot of ?helpful? advice but I believe it will be mostly DH and I.  
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • Options

Updates: Oh man, I am getting bigger and bigger every day. Turning in bed at night does not seem to be an easy task at all! I wonder how will I manage moving around in 2 months or so. Other then that, no other complains.

QOTW: We haven't thought of Godparents nor guardians. But, my mom is coming from Macedonia before my due date and she will be staying with us  for 5 months! Wohooo! It should be interesting though, since my mom doesn't speak English, and my DH does not speak Macedonian much. I guess I will be the translator:)

Note:  I see that Team Pink is catching up with Team Blue. Go girls:)

• Options

Updates: Nothing new, still feeling the same, not showing and not feeling pregnant. But feeling baby move which is so nice. Waiting for the amnio results which should be coming soon.

QOTW: We'll get a godfather or godmother for her, but haven't decided who. Sarah's godfather is a really good friend of ours. We won't have anybody 'helping' with the baby but we have a live-in Au Pair who will take care of Sarah as well as the baby. Our parents live in Europe and also wouldn't be able to help too much anyway.

• Options

Hi Everyone!

Congrats to Char and pa_kris I hope you go soon!!

I was cruising along thanking my lucky stars for such a good PG and bam karma slapped me upside the head with the stomach flu! It was crappy like my earlier post said baby's heart rate was way too high so I needed to get re-hydrated quick.  I am feeling much better now.

Both hubby and I are Catholic and my mom is "old school" Italian so baby can't leave the house unless Baptized (we do it fast but not that fast).  We are still talking about Godparents I feel like we should have close friends like we are inviting them to be a part of our family and I think my hubby would rather have cousins.  

When we had DD we started the paper work for our trust and hit a snag when we came to guardians of our child/ren.  I don't want parents to do it because they are older (even though they are great parents I still want my kids to have grandparents even if I'm not there)  I want my brother and SIL but my hubby wants his sister.  I have a hard time with that because she still lives at home, mooches off of others and has no significant other.  My brother is in a stable marriage, is expecting his own child in 2011 and actually lives and acts like a grown up.  I will fight him on this with all I have because I believe so strongly against her raising my children.

Our moms both help out with childcare.  So that is awesome for us.  See above for who I don't want helping!!!

Have a great week,

JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options

your screen name:"mia"
    due date: oct 22, 2011
    sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?): not far enough along

Forgot to answer ?o the week: we don't have a god parent. I would leave children to my Mom to care for.

• Options
    Updates: I have had a tough few days. 1tri M/S is trying to rear its ugly head. I'm fighting it with everything I have. The tiredness is hitting me too. Cleaning today was next to impossible. Dust, sit and rest, unload the dishwasher, sit and rest. You get the idea. My shower is Saturday. See Post "I need to be b!tch slapped"  I am excited to be going to a preseason Phillies baseball game tomorrow with my best friend and her two boys. I figure I will be a little busy all summer to get there much!

Question of the Week (QOTW): Ahh, this is a good question. We are both Catholic. SO more then me. I know it is extremely important for him that we do this. We have decided to roll the two, Godparents and Guardians, together to make it easy. SOs sister is NOT an option. Little drinking problem there. So it came down to his brother or my sister. His brother has older kids, but they are very stable, both financialy and mentally! My sister has two kids, 5 and 2. So LO would have family closer in age to her. The only problem there is that she lives in Hong Kong. After a long discussion, we decided on my sister. She is a great mom and we felt it would be a real positive to expose LO to a different culture, if need be. 
  • Options

Hi all, 

Can you please add me?

your screen name - BabyTGfirst name (optional) - Teedue date - 11/02/11

sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?) - Surprise 

• Options

Updates- I started my 2 weeks appointment, and did the 1hr test today hope I pass. I hate feeling like I'm stuffed no matter what I eat or how little I eat. Round ligament pain is really annoying.

QOTW- We did find Godparents. But for us its more symbolic. As for Guardians we have an idea but that's about it. It will be just us doing the child rearing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    Physically, I am still okay!  I've been walking between 3 and 5 miles a day, and I love that the Spring produce is starting to appear.

Emotionally I'm a bit stressed out.  My FIL, who is a total sweetie, has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and started chemo today.  My brother also has cancer, though a less horrible kind, and will be starting chemo soon as well.   I need to ask my OB if I am okayed to travel, we want to take Margaux to see her grandfather as soon as we can... and my husband's parents live in France, so that's a long trip.

Have you decided who would be guardian(s) of your children if you and DH couldn't be there?  -OR- Who do you think will help the most with child rearing (in addition to/despite DH or DP)?  Whodon't you want to help?

Well, my brother is godfather to Margaux, if his cancer goes into remission we're hoping he'll agree to take on this new one as well.  We don't have any real help, both our families are far away.   

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Updates:  Still have nausea and vomiting, but at least it's in the evenings now instead of all day.  It was definitely a misnomer to call it "morning sickness".  I am hoping I feel better all day and night soon!  I also have my NT scan on April 11th and hope everything is ok in there =)

QOTW: We have chosen our godparents already and have actually asked my sister and my male best friend.  DH will be choosing two from his side, most likely his best friend.  I would definitely ask one of the godparents to be the guardian, and will most likely decide based on their family situation (single vs married). All our family is out of state so we won't really have family help.  I am hoping to get a nanny.

• Options
    I'm doing ok. Some insomnia and my clothes are beginning to feel a bit snug, but I really can't complain! QOTW: neither DH or I are religious, so we'll just name guardians. Likely my sister and her H (with lots of help from my mom) although we haven't discussed it with them yet -they tried to have kids briefly but weren't willing to get any help and gave up. I absolutely refuse to have anyone from DH's family as guardians. He's an only child, his mom is manic, and his dad isn't really good father material either. We likely won't get much help with the child rearing unless my mom decides to move closer than her current two hour drive.
  • Options

(Thanks for updating my due date!)

Update: Had a regular appt today. It was more eventful than most. My blood pressure had jumped considerably. It had always been totally average before. After the routine stuff, I had to lay on my left side for about ten minutes and then they checked it again. Fortunately it dropped into a safe range during that break. Otherwise I'd be on full bed rest. Now it's modified bed rest -- I can still go to work but must spend any other time in bed and specifically laying on my left side. Yay. And my next appt is in one week instead of in two.

Everything else looked normal. And they scheduled me for a birth plan. I'd assumed this was something I eventually did with my OB but it turns out I go over to the hospital and set it all up with the L&D nurses instead. That will be next week as well.

The OB also said no way on my getting on an airplane, which is suddenly an issue because my grandmother is in the hospital (as of Saturday) and is not really expected to last the week. And she's 2,000 miles away. Hopefully my family will be understanding about my missing a funeral, although my father has already suggested I just ignore the doctor. 

Tonight was also my breastfeeding class. Just one session, two hours, $10. DH felt bad about not coming but he would have lost six hours pay and I didn't think it seemed at all worth it. And then it turned out to only be women in the class, no SOs at all, so it turned out for the best. It was fairly informative. She certainly didn't say anything that contradicted the books and there were useful visual aids and just Q&A opportunity. Some of the things that women on The Bump have mentioned fighting for in their birth plans turn out to be the standard procedure here (immediate skin to skin contact, baby stays in your room instead of the nursery) so that's something.

QOTW:  Although DH and I belong to a church, we're skipping baptism and godparents. Neither of us were assigned godparents either so that's really a non-issue for us. And we're both from backgrounds where you wait until the child decides on their own to be baptized instead of anything being done in infancy.

We have talked about guardianship, however. Not for very long, because it's about the one thing we don't agree on yet so it's not a fun topic. Unfortunately, our only options are our two sets of parents.  DH is an only child, my only sibling is unmarried and travels constantly for work (the being single wouldn't be a major issue if he was usually home but someone has to be there), and neither of us are close enough to cousins or have strong enough ties to mutual friends. Downside to constantly moving around the country. Both sets of parents are at least sane and capable. But we each strongly prefer our own. There would be huge differences in how our child would be raised, depending, although not objectively better or worse. Just conflicting personal preferences. So it's an issue of working through advantages and disadvantages. Basically he even agrees that my parents' style and philosophies are much more to his taste than his parents', but his family is very wealthy and mine is very not and he's not sure he can choose to deprive his child of that particular advantage. It will be tricky.

• Options

Ooh. i should add my info here and post more :)

your screen name : Accelle
    first name (optional)
    due date 9/12/2011
    sex of baby: They have said boy. However, it was early. I may get confirmation soon!

Update: Was having diddly over squat problems with nausea till just last week, when I had a bout of nausea that put me in the bed for three days straight. Doc gave me Zofran, and all is right with the world.  Seriously, WTH. Barely any nausea for the first trimester, and suddenly baby goes "You're missing out, mommy!"

I'll feel much better about the baby when I see him on U/S tomorrow during my quadscreen part II.

Godparents? We're still thinking about that one - possibly my husband's brother.

• Options
    I have another update - we got our amnio results and all is well!
  • Options

Updates: feeling much better this week.  no more spotting.  finally starting to feel like this one is going to make it.  still waiting on my first screen results.  I know the measurements were good.  I am going to call tomorrow to find out what they are.  I plan on getting back to walking this weekend.  Haven't walked since mid feb due being sick and having spotting.  I can't wait to start walking again.

QOTD: No godparents.  My DS does not have godparents either.  My husband and I are not that religous.  I feel bad but we just are not.  Guardianship we haven't done anything about that yet.  I am think my younger sister.  My DH and I are guardian for her DS.  My DH family lives in germany so none of them would be guardians.  My parents are getting older and having physical issues.  My older siblings have way too many things going on with their own families so I think it will be my younger sister.

image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSFAug07:
    I have another update - we got our amnio results and all is well!

Excellent, congratulations Kathi!

Photobucket
    Photobucket

BFP chart

Anniversary

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"