Washington Babies
Options

Eczema babies and Diaper Cream

Well, I'm finding that good ole desitin isn't working for my little mister - and since his skin is SO much more sensitive than his sisters, he gets diaper rash much more frequently.

What do you guys use for your sensitive skinned kids?

Re: Eczema babies and Diaper Cream

• Options

G has eczema and diaper rashes go from zero to nasty in a matter of hours.  This is the only thing that has helped (may not be on the shelf but is technically over the counter - so ask pharmacist if you don't see it).  Calmoseptine.  https://www.amazon.com/Calmoseptine-Ointment-4-oz/dp/B000HROX6I/ref=sr_1_4?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1301411445&sr=1-4

Bartell's usually has it but ask the pharmacist. Any other pharmacy can order for you. Again it's over the counter but it may not be on the shelf (and now i see on Amazon).  My DH remembered it as working in the hospital with bad rashes and it's our go-to now.  Gets the rash in check quickly or really does help create the barrier.  G is a happier girl because of it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KNemoKNemo member

Max doesn't get diaper rash that often, but when he does, it's bad! We mix Desitin Creamy, Lotrimin cream, and cornstarch into a thick paste and then slather his bottom with it. It is the only thing that seems to work on him.

Poor little mister. I hope that all his eczema issues get under control soon.  

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use the Baby Salve from artemisiaherbals on Etsy. Love it! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use Burt's Bees.  If it's really bad, we use Lotrimin as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"