Upstate NY Babies
Options

Mahi Mahi

So, I'm being adventurous and trying a new fish tonight for dinner (you may remember me asking a while back about fish because I've never been a fan.)  DH requested mahi mahi so that's our new recipe for the week.  The problem is - I forgot to buy lemons at the store yesterday and the recipe we were using calls for lemon juice.  It's raining here today and I'm babysitting, so I don't want to run to the store just for lemons.  Anyone have a good marinade option for mahi mahi that you want to share?

Re: Mahi Mahi

• Options

what are the other flavors in the recipe? You could probably use lime or orange juice as a sub. But you definitely need a citrus of some type... I feel like it's a must in most fish dishes.

when we have mahi mahi I either do a simple marinade of citrus juice (lemon, lime or orange works) and some soy sauce, ginger, garlic and olive oil. Or I like to use it in fish tacos, so I'll do a lime juice, chili powder, cumin type marinade.

• Options
    imageNikCole:

what are the other flavors in the recipe? You could probably use lime or orange juice as a sub. But you definitely need a citrus of some type... I feel like it's a must in most fish dishes.

when we have mahi mahi I either do a simple marinade of citrus juice (lemon, lime or orange works) and some soy sauce, ginger, garlic and olive oil. Or I like to use it in fish tacos, so I'll do a lime juice, chili powder, cumin type marinade.

Awesome, thanks!  I never thought about subbing orange juice.  I think I'll try that. The recipe also called for olive oil and garlic, but I think I'll toss in some soy sauce, too.  That sounds yummy.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"