Secondary IF
Options

Talk with RE nurse and DH Part II, We Have a New Plan

Talked with the RE nurse today, and the 3 most relevant pieces of info today are (1) that none of my future u/s, etc., are likely to be covered because of the IUI last month, they will all be by definition post "infertility" diagnosis and my insurance pays only for diagnostics. So I have to be super careful with when and what we do as it's entirely out of pocket, I don't even get the insurance-negotiated rate. 

(2) she and the RE agree that getting another HSG is a good idea, since my RE felt the last radiologist did not use a good angle when he failed to find my right tube open.  She thinks we can charge that one as a diagnostic and insurance will likely pay it, but if it gets audited, they will likely come after me to pay it because, again, it happened after the IUI. I am totally regretting not cancelling the IUI last month when I found out it was all right side follies. But they agree with me that the upside/therapeutic value is sound, expecially in light of the fact that I had to sit out the first two cycles post the last HSG because of the overzealous radiologist reading that that I had growths all over, and nothing was there when the RE went in with an SHG.

(3) after my RE reviewed my chart this morning, he felt like all of our numbers were super and that he really thinks we can get pg with an IUI, all he'd do is add some additional injectables at the end of the femara to try to get a few more potential eggs to be available for fertilization. The nurse confirmed my memory of a 3-year-ago meeting with the RE who said that 80% of people who are going to be successful with an IUI will be successful the first time, which is why they won't do more than 3.  But they both agreed we were great candidates for a second round.

So on to DH. We had a great talk tonight. This is getting long so I'm going to try bullet points:

-Staying on DHEA, keeping doing acupuncture.
-Going to use the hCH I have in the fridge since I have to either use it this month or toss it.
-No Femara this month, no ultrasounds. No IUI.
-All positive thoughts, try to treat each other well, like a potential spirit baby is looking down on us, deciding whether to join our family, and we don't want it running away because it sees an uptight, crazy potential mommy and an a$$hol potential daddy.  Be open to the spiritual, transcendent nature, and stop being such a scientist (which I can't help, I didn't spend 5 years of grad school getting a doctorate to start ignoring science, right?). But science alone isn't working. We have to approach this as more love and sex (my artist/musician side), less about science. That doesn't mean I can't know exactly when I'm peaking, though :-)
-I will likely do another HSG, pending a discussion with the RE nurse tomorrow.

If the above doesn't work, repeat the next month (without the hCG), when I'm likely going to O from the right side, and if no repeat HSG this month, do it that month.

If the above doesn't work, do another IUI in May, when I should be Oing from the left side, the one we know is clear.

DH is totally happy with this plan (as am I). He also clarified that when he calls me obsessed, it's about all of the peeing in cups to use with sticks, the bathroom looking like a lab, and my careful temping in the am, so I'm going to try to be more on the DL about all of it. I also think that all of crying I did today, that was visible all over my face, helped him realize how hugely important this is to me. Today was also the first day DS ever mentioned wanting a baby brother or sister in front of DH, and I think that melted him a little bit.

Finally, in the spirit of The Secret, I ordered 2 books today from Amazon that a grad school friend recommended, one is The Biology of Belief, and another is a Deepak Chopra book on mind-body stuff. So I'm going to try to let go of some science and bring in some spiritual art.  Oh boy.   So I'm trying to see today as what it is, the start of a new cycle, not the end of an old one. And start believing, start being open to possibilities. Make my body and our lives a place a little spirit baby will want to come an nestle in.

Thanks so much for reading, if you made it this far!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Talk with RE nurse and DH Part II, We Have a New Plan

• Options
    So glad you are on the same page now with DH.  Also glad you are able to move forward with optimism and hope, you are a strong lady!  Keeping you in my prayers.
  • Options

That sounds fabulous.  I am so happy that you and your DH are excited about your plan. 

By any chance, is your RE willing to "work with you" in terms of insurance billing to get some monitoring covered?  I know many REs do this.  It couldn't hurt to ask. 

I am so hoping for you sweetie.  Everything is lining up just perfectly!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Glad you have a plan and that you and YH are on the same page!

I hope you can find some wiggle room when dealing with your insurance and tx costs :)

I really like your positive thinking plan. I think I need to follow your lead.

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    JMayJMay member

I'm so glad you have a plan that you are both happy with!  That must feel so good.  I can't wait to hear some of the good positive tips you get from the books - you know we all love that here!  Holding and sending positive energy for you!!!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"