January 2011 Moms
Options

2 mo. appt

I tried not to cry, but I did.  Man that "hurting" cry of his just got to me vs. his hungry or gassy cries. 

He doesn't even seem bothered by them now though.

He is 13lbs, 10oz and 25.25inches!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 2 mo. appt

• Options
    I did too! I agree that cry is so different! Then afterwards they are just fine. Glad you survived:-) Cute siggy pic!
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Omg what a big boy!! I love it. Good for both of you he got over the shots quick though :)
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has his 2 mo. appt tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it just for that reason. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    we go today for our two month appt. so scared i will cry :(
  • Options

Eh, everyone cries.  I took my kid with the H, and he cried during the shots, and then I cried later when she woke up and her poor little legs hurt.  Both times, we swapped out, which really helped to calm her down because she was feeding off our 'omg my baaybeee' energy.

Also, dosing her with a little acetaminophen beforehand helped a LOT.  I gave her half the recommended dose about an hour before in a colostrum-sized bottle (about an ounce and a half capacity) mixed with BM.  She cried for maybe 2 minutes in the office, I BFed her and she slept the rest of the afternoon.  Easiest baby ever strikes again.  If you do this, make sure you tell your dr & the nurse (drug, time and dosage), because they may give a pain med by default.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You guys make me nervous. We didnt do DS shots at his 2 month appointment becuase he had a infection. The pedi and I agreed we would wait, for his next appointment.

Man...you got my DS beat. He was 12lbs. 10 oz and 25 in. long.....I though I had a long baby, maybe its just a january baby thing....He was an inch shorter than his 6month old cousin.

• Options
    imagejcole32444:

You guys make me nervous. We didnt do DS shots at his 2 month appointment becuase he had a infection. The pedi and I agreed we would wait, for his next appointment.

Man...you got my DS beat. He was 12lbs. 10 oz and 25 in. long.....I though I had a long baby, maybe its just a january baby thing....He was an inch shorter than his 6month old cousin.

Don't be nervous, I'm just an emotional mommy.  DS really is fine and was before I even left the office and DS1 always handled his well too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got over being upset by this since for about two weeks pp my DS we getting heel pricks for his biliruben (It took everything to not just steal him back from the nurse each time). But when my DS got his 2 mo shots I actually almost laughed. I felt bad for him but when they did the shot he tried so hard to cry he just didnt make any noise and his face turned red. But then we had a bad night we fever and swollen legs.. I was a mess then, Shots suck all around.
  • Options

Your little man is about the same size size as mine! Just about an inch longer. ;)

He did pretty well with his shots... he cried, of course, but I kissed his little cheeks and soothed him... slept most of the day. (I'm surprised that I didn't cry!) Of course, he screamed the next day whenever we touched his legs... but the next day you'd never even know he'd had any shots. ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow, he's a big boy!  That cry killed me, too, so sad :(
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    Glad to know I am not the only one with a big baby. LOL!!  My little man weighed in at 13lbs 9oz and 23.5 inches long at his 2 month appointment.  He did GREAT with his shots.  He was asleep when we got there, so he was awakened with a pinch :(  He cried for a quick second, and when the pedi was finished, he went right back to sleep.  LOL!!  I don't know if it's normal to sleep through your 2 month shots, but my baby sure did.

• Options
    Ooo that was not a good day..I def. held back the tears and felt super bad..he felt horrible after everytime he kicked his legs he cried or when I held him, so he just layed down the rest of the evening...plus I was getting my tattoo done that evening so he was with his grandma but I guess he did ok there and just passed out for the rest of the night :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"