Two Under 2

DO u have time to..

EXercise? I wanna get back in shape but I have no time.

Re: DO u have time to..

• Yup! I wear the baby in a carrier on my chest, put my shapeup sneakers on, and push DS in a stroller for a walk. We stop at the playground for about 20 minutes. We walk for about 40 minutes, so it's an hour total. My stomach muscles are always extra sore-the extra weight of the baby is great in helping rebuild muscle in my poor stomach that survived 2 c-sections in less than 13 months.

It's something I can enjoy and do with both kids (so I actually stick to it!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you feel an extra workout with the shapeup sneakers?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagewar_eagle:
    Do you feel an extra workout with the shapeup sneakers?

I do! I'm not sure if it's because I didnt work out for 6+ weeks post c-section, but I definitely feel a difference.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I *make* time to exercise.  I'm training for a sprint triathlon at the end of the summer and signing up for it really gave me the initiative to start moving.  I find that when I exercise, I feel better about myself, am more optimistic about life and am better able to handle the stress of 2u2.  If my husband is home, I usually exercise after the babies are in bed.  If he's not, then I try to incorporate them into my workouts...so they sometimes take twice as long.  :)

Anyway, ramble, I know, but if you really want to get in shape, you need to make the commitment to yourself!!  Build it into your day, so you always have time for it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I make time. I am a much happier person when I work out on a regular basis. I committed to 3 times a week once Owen turned 4 months. I take the kids to the gym childcare once a week and plan on taking them more once Lilly is comfortable with using the potty with somebody else & Owen is over the stranger anxiety. The other two times I go at night when DH is home. Its late and it sucks but its better than not going at all.
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We take loooong walks several days a week.  And by loooong, I mean at least two miles, if not three or four.  Do that three-four times a week while pushing a double, or wearing one child and pushing a single, and it will help you get back in shape.  I was also going to the gym a few times a week and doing C25K but then I broke my toe by dropping the second seat of the double on it :(  So no more running for awhile.  (The gym thing is really easy for me, though, since it's right across the street - if I had to drive there I would never go).
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • imageKC_13:

Yup! I wear the baby in a carrier on my chest, put my shapeup sneakers on, and push DS in a stroller for a walk. We stop at the playground for about 20 minutes. We walk for about 40 minutes, so it's an hour total. My stomach muscles are always extra sore-the extra weight of the baby is great in helping rebuild muscle in my poor stomach that survived 2 c-sections in less than 13 months.

It's something I can enjoy and do with both kids (so I actually stick to it!)

KC how was the second C-section?  Im looking at 2 in an 11 month span....My 1st was awesome, great recovery and no issues, Im worried about this one (and what my poor belly will look like afterwards!)

We are having Irish Twins!!! Our sweet little girls will be 10.5 months apart! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i agree that you just have to make the time.  i work out 6x week religiously, my DH knows that it is a priority for me and i either get up at 5:30 or go at lunch time at work.  it is tough but if you want to do it- you will!!!  Best of luck and make the commitment and you will get in shape before you know it.
  • Tigard huh?  Me and my hubby are both from Oregon.  We were just visiting Tualatin last week! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"