VBAC

? about multiple vbacs

I can't find the answer to this anywhere.

Once you have one successful vbac, do your risks go down for subsequent vbac attempts, like rupture? I would assume so since that is the reason why people go for vbacs in the first place.

Anyone know?

Re: ? about multiple vbacs

• Yes, rupture risk goes down once you've had one VBAC.  But unfortunately some practitioners and hospitals treat all VBACs the same and don't distinguish between a primary and secondary VBAC, and ban or limit all of them.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes it does. My first VBAC had to be a hospital birth but my second was able to be at a birth center since I had a "proven scar" i think that would depend on your care provider and insurance though. But things with my second VBAC were much more relaxed and almost felt "normal" :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • yes, I remember reading somewhere that once you have a sucessful VBAC, your risk of rupture is lower than a first time mom and the same as a second, third, etc time mom.

Still though, I was seen as a VBAC with my second VBAC.  We had a homebirth, but doctors who don't attend VBAC still wouldn't see me.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"