Alabama Babies
Options

Anyone use Huntsville Pediatric?

There is one receptionist there who is rude everytime I go in. She was rude when I was leaving the 12 month appt and tried to schedule his 15 month appt. She ended up telling me to call back closer to march because his Dr was going to be on maternity leave and they would have to see who would be on call. Okay so I call back at the end of february, and get guess who on the phone to make and appt for this afternoon.  I was suprised that I couldn't get in until the end of the month. She said most people make appts 3 months in advance. I tried 3 months ago YOU wouldn't let me.

I get there today to find out he isn't on book for today and have to reschedule for 3 weeks from now. I have the honor of speaking with the same person today. I will be complaining later on. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Sorry it was also a vent. Having to go across town get my toddler for 15 minutes and go back to work doesn't make me happy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: Anyone use Huntsville Pediatric?

• Options

We used to go there until LO had an allergic reaction and they refused to see him. We were standing in the lobby with him getting progressively worse and all they would do was tell us to give him benadryl. They wouldn't even tell me how much. I was so scared and they were no help. We ended up in the E.R.

On top of that we always had to wait at least an hour after our scheduled app. before we were seen. They also never billed insurance right so I was always having to pay extra. We switched to Field Pediatrics and have had no problems since. It is a much smaller practice and a lot more personable.
    Sorry you are having to deal with this I understand how frustrating it can be.
    Good Luck.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Eh. We use HSV Peds. Dr Gunter is our doc and is on maternity leave. I'm very annoyed with the office but LOVE her. I dislike her nurse. We may be changing to Field Pediatrics as well. So sorry
    3 miscarriages, Infertility, & Premature Birth Abigail and Adalynn born @ 25w1d Lilypie Second Birthday tickers FAQ: Resources for New NICU Moms
    FAQ: My Friend Just Had a Preemie, How Can I Help?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use UAB pediatrics on Governors.  It has been great, and we always see the doctor within 10 minutes of getting there.  The doctors always have medical students following them around but it doesn't bother me.  Also, last week I called because Elijah had a small rash on his face and they let me bring him in 30 minutes later.  The rash turned out to be hormonal, but we only had to wait in the waiting room for 2 minutes before they called us back.  I am very happy with them.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I use them and I really like them.  I haven't had an issue with rude receptionist, but if you google them I saw on a review thing that people have the same issue.

Call and talk to the nurse.  She can reschedule your appt for the "right" time.  Anytime I have had to reschedule a well-baby appt, they can only schedule for certain times... the nurse has more freedom to schedule appts (why?  I have no idea). 

I use Dr. Ellis and he's amazing (for us)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"