Health & Exercise
Options

Looking for a Challenging Yoga DVD

Hi, I recently found out I am pregnant and I am looking for a safe yet challenging Yoga DVD.  I have done a lot of yoga in the past and my work schedule doesn't allow me to get to a class right now.  I just want to make sure I am avoiding poses that could be harmful.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!!

Re: Looking for a Challenging Yoga DVD

• Options
    I used Shiva Rea's Prenatal Yoga DVD during pregnancy and LOVED it.  It shows modifications for all three trimesters.  I highly recommend this one!
  • Options

I tried Shiva Rea's DVD and did NOT like it. To me it seemed very repetitive and not challenging at all. I also have Jennifer Wolfe's Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga and that is quite challenging. I'm no longer doing that one now that I'm 38 weeks along, but it was great in first and second tri. My favorite DVD is Blooma Prenatal Yoga, which was just released by a studio in Minneapolis that I went to when we lived there up until a few months ago. It is challenging but not overwhelming, even at this point in the pregnancy. And for days I'm feeling a little less ambitious now that I'm down to the final couple of weeks, I'm using Element Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga. The prenatal yoga portion is just 30 minutes long and it's a really nice blend of feeling like you're working your body, preparing for labor and relaxing all at the same time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the prenatal podcasts on yogadownload.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"